aberdeen-music

Leave It To Egon Track Online

Acey Trixx

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the recording is pretty shocking; but cos its thru a laptop from a PA with one mic set up that is rather understandable why the levels are rather disjointed and the bass is missing pretty much completely. for a first recording attempt i'll let them off with that tho.....!

its a bit too long! maybe thats just because iv got a short attention span....

anyways, in terms of the song itself - (the important bit) - i think its got some potential. granted the singing needs a good bit of work, singer needs keep his screams under control a bit (seems to be flying off a bit - i believe it was improvised!) and it doesnt seem to be too coherent in terms of fitting in with how the songs going - practising his vocals and getting them to fit along with the song could do it a lot of good.

i like the intro/outro, its a wee bit biffy clyro-esque but i'll let them off! :p the middle bit is muffled by the singing but it with some practice, some work on structure and tightening up it could mature into a rather cool body of a song. the power is definitely lurking - i'd like to hear this song played in a gig situation when they've got it nailed!

So...OWA shouldn't record our progress thus far then? Alright, see. This was educational.

I wanted to have something positive to add so I think there is potential for some interesting dynamics there with the quiet/loud thing, but I think that track needs to be reined in a little. Cool guitar bit at about 5.43, but this track doesn't need to be that long by far. Shigeru Miyamoto killed my attention span, what can I say?

It's not the worst thing I've ever heard by any stretch. I mean, it's not like I can unhear Aerosmith.

There is nothing, nothing atall about this which merits anything other than a "well at least you tried". It sounds like band practice at the special school - the "vocalist" just adds icing to the cake, with the pointless downsyndrome-esque howling. The whole thing literally brought a tear to my eye, solely because I was laughing so hard.

You guys need to practice, and practice a lot. You need to all sit down and listen to that recording with a subjective ear, play some cd's of bands that have inspired you first, and then play your track, and listen to the difference, in order to get some perspective. Imagine how your recording would sound if it was slipped into the middle of a CD by your favourite artist, and this will give you something to aim for in terms of improving your playing.

well i was looking for constructive critiscim on this our very first rough demo just to see if people had ideas or comments about musical direction etc. this was recorded after a while of no rehersal and we just decided to get some feed back. the reason the vocals are rough is again because of this and the mic being too close to his mouth thus distortion the vocals. other tracks we have from just jamming around are much better vocally. and as much as i could and would love to rip into your bands i dont do it because i dont see how that will help anyone. but that just seems to be the way in aberdeen.

There are many positive elements in it,but to be honest its not my thing. But i'd want to check you out live before i said whether i didn't like you or not. I'm not sure about the track length it dragged a bit, but it is refreshing to see people playing stuff they want to.

Interesting in places is all i can really say at the moment.

like we said this is unfinished we were looking for feedback..one thing i was curuious about was the length of it..and how people reacted to that..being as it is a rather long track. its unfinished but we just wanted to give people a small taster of what weve been cooking away at...since we have been working on stuff for a while trying out different ideas and the like for various other half finished tracks we have. but rest assured we are trying to do something different and try out new ideas and i think thats gonna come across more when people hear a full set from us.

and for those that have offered constructive critiscm i thank you and it will all be taken into consideration. and unfortunatly as much as im sure u would love us to dissapear we have had various comments of outside aberdeen who have been supportive of what we are trying to do here.

Mate, nobody want's you to dissapear. Nobody is being spiteful, fuck I don't even know you, my critiism was solely based on the merit of your recording. I can understand if like your mum said "well done" etc, but frankly, anyone who didn't tell you the truth is doing you a disservice. Don't take it personally. You guys need to improve, it's as simple as that, and the biggest step you can take is being able to accept that this material is rubbish and you need to aim higher.

Guest Scorge Spike
we realise we need to improve..every band needs to improve its what being a band is about..i was merely gettin annoyed at the lack of constructive comments being made..and i did say thanks to the ones who had provided us what thoughts on the matter..

Putting a scratchy heap of badly rehearsed noise looking for feedback on this website is almost as sensible as displaying away colours at a Millwall match. :D

I reiterate my point - remove it, and replace it when it's finished. If you can't actually tell what's wrong with it, then you really are in trouble.

I think seeking feedback is a good idea when you're starting off. That's what we did in our band, and we got a lot of encouragement from the local scene. But now it's different because we're rockstars that have toured in England so we don't bother with that anymore. Just kidding kids, this is Bob from Stayover. Love you all.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

for you guys to even put that track online is utterly insane. It's shit. The vocals are awful, distorted or not, the starting riff is totally rubbish and repeats itself about 300 times and when it all gets loud you can't make out a thing. listening to this does not give me the impression that you guys have any potential to be a good band, so why didn't you wait until you have some better songs? practice practice practice and right coherent material, then do anything you can to get a better recording than this, and then come back asking for my opinion (and don't whine if you don't like what i have to say, either, it was YOU who asked)

you guys are the reason the term 'hardcore' is a joke these days

The best thing I ever read about hardcore was over on SA, paraphrased it said:

"Hardcore fans don't actually like music. They just like the IDEA of music, y'know going to shows, drinking and having sex. Some of them even miss out the drinking and sex."

Do I agree? IT IS A MYSTARY FOR SHARLICK HOMES!

EDIT: I still think there is merit to the track, but I'd still rather hear a finished song.