aberdeen-music

Moshulu bows down to dress code pressure

Flik

Having given much consideration to the market we aim to provide for, Rob and I have decided to implement a general dress code for the club.

We now regret to inform that all Burbury (sp?) and tracksuit pants are considered inappropriate for Moshulu. These items are not exclusive, and any similar "trends" will unfortunately not be permitted inside. Feel free to comment.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Flik

Having given much consideration to the market we aim to provide for, Rob and I have decided to implement a general dress code for the club.

We now regret to inform that all Burbury (sp?) and tracksuit pants are considered inappropriate for Moshulu. These items are not exclusive, and any similar "trends" will unfortunately not be permitted inside. Feel free to comment.

There is a part of me that wants to complain the people shouldn't be judged by their clothes.....but i generally ignore anything the morality concious part of me says.

Much like Liquid refuse entry to those wearing trainers?

Yeah, and you know the bitter stories you hear about such places and dress codes - I'd hate for Moshulu to fall into that trap. Surely just a common sense right of refusal should be in play to keep trouble makers out?

I haven't observed any problems in Moshulu, or have there been some major fights of late?

Originally posted by nullmouse

Yeah, and you know the bitter stories you hear about such places and dress codes - I'd hate for Moshulu to fall into that trap. Surely just a common sense right of refusal should be in play to keep trouble makers out?

I haven't observed any problems in Moshulu, or have there been some major fights of late?

The only trouble I ever see in the club is caused by people in such a "social uniform". Several neds tried to get the better of just one doorman in the back room last week and you're always sure to see a burberry cap or jacket in the vicinity when you get a lung full of dope smoke.

i think it's a shit idea.

several of my mates wear burberry stuff and other 'non alternative' stuff, but still come to moshulu and enjoy it and cause no trouble...... doesn't mean they are neds cos they wear certain clothes...

I think it comes down to the bouncers actually doing their job instead of wandering around all night not caring a jot if there is any trouble.

common sense really.

Originally posted by Johnny Mac

I think it comes down to the bouncers actually doing their job instead of wandering around all night

I think you'll find that that's exactly what the bouncers jobs are. To wander around the club, unless I've mis-read their job descriptions and they should be serving in the bar or cloakroom?

Hey, I hate wearing shirts and dress shoes too, but that's exactly the reason for refusal I've come across too many times to count in the past.

We're not fucking nazis. And I'm sure if they're your friends Johnny, then they'll be fine. It's just that the ONLY trouble I've had as of late has always been acompanied by that kind of clothing. And quite frankly, I've done too much work on the club recently to have graffitti written in ned slang all over the place and people so thick they think they're hard enough to take on a bouncer thrice their size.

Common sense really.

I think you'll find that that's exactly what the bouncers jobs are. To wander around the club, unless I've mis-read their job descriptions and they should be serving in the bar or cloakroom?

i have NEVER seen them actually doing their job if any trouble happens, they are usually asleep in a corner paying no attention whatsoever.....

but hey, that's just my opinion, I think a dress code is a shit idea, but it aint my club ;)

that's you guys job.....

but i was just thinking, i'm going to a wedding next weekend on friday, so if i came to moshulu afterwards in my suit I wouldn't get in?

basically we're talking about neds here right? well my friend jan took one of his work friends to caged..everyting is fine (and he was wearing 'burberry') and he's dancing and drinking and generally having a good time, until everyone in the cage starts moshing. well he gets hit in the face and his lip got bust...blood everywhere. he was ready to beat the shit into the guy who did it, afterwards...ppl like that do not understand this way of dancing. imagine ten of these guys in a mosh pit...pushin is done and ppl generally get hurt think of all the fights....

if they like moshulu that much they will repect rob and flik's decision and not wear burberry....

ALSO do u think u will be accepted if u went to espionage or the priory or liquid wearing black with black make-up [male and female]....dressed alternative...i have done it and no u dont.....

Moshulu is an alternative club as all others are....well not!

[ im done now :O ]

Well I went to the Priory and Espionage one night (don't judge , I was out with some old school friends) and I was wearing baggy trousers, my chain and I was still wearing eyeliner from the gig I was playing the night before and I got no hassle whatsoever. I did get lots of women saying it was cool that I was wearing make up though..... :-)

I guess it just depends....

I think that Flik was making the comedy point that if you turn up in Tracksuit bottoms tucked into your socks and white trainers, with a Burberry shirt, Jacket and cap on you are unlikely to get in.

As always it gets a little mis represented on a message board,

at no point was he suggesting you can't wear a shirt, or trousers, or shoes or anything like that.

Johnny, when was the last time you saw a bouncer asleep in the corner? Most of our Doormen are here because they have had enough of working doors where there is loads of trouble and come here because they like the crowd and the lack of trouble, yes I agree they can sometimes get a little complacent about that, but I would rather have a bunch of guys used to rough places that can handle it if it ever does really go off, than a bunch of keen and eager youngsters who wouldn't have a clue. My favourite story is Dyzer, who was working the door at Drum and refused entry to a couple of casuals. They Returned with a Scafolding Pole and smacked him round the head with it, he got up, took it off them, and chased them down the road :)

Originally posted by Ameriko_Niko

basically we're talking about neds here right? well my friend jan took one of his work friends to caged..everyting is fine (and he was wearing 'burberry') and he's dancing and drinking and generally having a good time, until everyone in the cage starts moshing. well he gets hit in the face and his lip got bust...blood everywhere. he was ready to beat the shit into the guy who did it, afterwards...ppl like that do not understand this way of dancing. imagine ten of these guys in a mosh pit...pushin is done and ppl generally get hurt think of all the fights....

This is probably not the best example, seeing as your mate's mate got his lip bust presumably by one of the Moshulu regulars. I'd be pissed off about that no matter what clothing I was wearing.

Originally posted by Jimsin

Yeah, but there's a disclaimer thingy on the cage isn't there? (or did I just dream that?) ... so nobody should be in there unless prepared to accept multiple injuries :)

I still think if it was someone in Burberry it'd be a "malicious attack from a ned!", despite a warning on the cage or not. I also personally think that 'ned' has become the equivalent of being a 'motherfucker'. I've heard people moan about being pushed over by a ned on the dancefloor when it was some over-enthusiastic prick in a Metallica t-shirt. Maybe there is a tolerance issue here, too.