aberdeen-music

Idlewild at Music Hall

Darth Elvis

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest idol_wild
Oooh! Me! I picked his tooth up and swapped it for a signed setlist! Were you in the 4 man pit?

Haha, no I wasn't. I was over to the right hand side, hurting my back against the stupid chrome shelves.

Guest valley69
Back in the day' date=' Idlewild were fucking essential. Fervent, frenetic, and fucking wild. Does anyone else remember Woomble breaking his teeth when they supported Warm Jets at Glow 303 in 1997?

I think I'm too old.

However, Idlewild are now pungent and very much past their sell by date. Which is a shame.[/quote']

live idlewild are really good. Hope is important is the album i think best captures the wildness factor. Remote part is still good though and i was actually impressed with the change in direction. I think theyve got a lot left in them, just isnt the same without bob though.

I saw them at the loft in Forres on friday (accoustic), and they were absolutely fantastic! I've seen idlewild, about 5 times now, and every show they have put on has been excellent. Fair enough they used to be alot more energetic, and these days they don't move as much but still sound scrappy, but i think them sounding scrappy is all part of their charm! I've heard 4 new tracks off of the new album, and there is a definite folk influence on the new songs, and i think they are fantastic!! Idlewild still rule all!

live idlewild are really good. Hope is important is the album i think best captures the wildness factor. Remote part is still good though and i was actually impressed with the change in direction. I think theyve got a lot left in them' date=' just isnt the same without bob though.[/quote']

They're better without him, he was a fucking dick :p

Guest valley69
i still think 100 broken windows is not only their best album' date=' but also one of the best albums ever.

i may be biased ;)[/quote']

its a really good album, dawn check out a band called foil. youll like them :D

Guest valley69
Bob doesn't seem to be doing much these days. It would appear that he just follows Biffy Clyro around Scotland for a few days and then drinks his life away.

last time i spoke to him he was drunker than me.

Guest valley69
yea bob was at bannermans when we played in edinburgh and was in a particularly bad state.

100 broken windows is my favourite album ever. idlewild are also in my top 5 favourite bands ever.

joy division top?

Guest valley69
why i like joy division they aren't in my top 5 favourite bands ever and the same goes for cathedral.

i'll give you a clue' date=' starts with g and ends in odspeed you black emperor.[/quote']

.......sigur ros?

why i like joy division they aren't in my top 5 favourite bands ever and the same goes for cathedral.

i'll give you a clue' date=' starts with g and ends in odspeed you black emperor.[/quote']

I thought it would start with "G" and end in "odspeed You! Black Emperor"

Yes, i am a pedantic little dick.

I was a bit disappointed in Idlewild the last time they played Aberdeen but i put that down to the music hall being a bit shit. The new album has suprised me its got some really good tunes on it, though you can see Roddies been listening to alot of american indie bands over the past year (Modest Mouse, Wilco etc) but that rocky edge is still there.

Good shout by whoever said the remote part was the best song off there last album.