aberdeen-music

The Brit Nominations 2005

Ross

YES chris evans is ace. i loved tfi friday.

don't you think there'll be total outrage if joy division dont get best single of the last 25 years... cause really 25 fucking years... thats an insane line up

No, I'd say there'll be more outrage of either 'Wuthering Heights' or 'WATC' doesn't get it, but this is the whole thing, this website is pretty much filled wqith people who's musical backgrounds and likes are similar, thereby people will come fromt he same roots, most people on here play for heavier bands whether they play punk,emno or just rock. The most likely 2 bands from that category to appeal are Joy Division and Queen. I'm someone who can't stand Joy Division , never seen anything of value oin the music, find it dull and uninspiring therefore i'd rather see Robbie Williams win it than them as I dont think Angels is too bad. I will be in the minority on this site for that view, so there may be outrage on this site but i doubt there will be in general, as this is still a minority music based site to a large degree.

My personal choice to win would be 'Wuthering Heights' because I think its a great song with stunning vocals etc and I know I'll probably be the only person on here to champion that song :p

Cheers

Stuart

Not Morrissey anyway... who here actually likes that song Angels?

here very few but that song is still awfully popular sadly, personally i think angels is third rate elton john....

people out in blandsville are consistantly requesting it on my radio show but then again round here 'dirty dancing' is still a big hit and there is an unhealthy appetite for kenny roger's 'the gambler' !!!!

My personal choice to win would be 'Wuthering Heights' because I think its a great song with stunning vocals etc and I know I'll probably be the only person on here to champion that song :p

Cheers

Stuart

No you won't. I love that damn song! There's not enough "songs of books", in my humble opinion.

I'd still go for Love Will Tear Us Apart, though. Shows what song lyrics can do, even though it is a bit poppy for me. AND MOZZER FOR BEST BRIT MALE!!

Guest valley69

load of shite. The only bands i think deserve to win anything are Pj Harvey , Scissor sistors , The zutons, kasabian and the killers. I dont know what the hell love will tear us apart is all about but that certainly aint the best joy division song...joke.the end. Kill me.

the brit awards wont get better until the radio 1 stops polluting the nation with this 'real music' vs. 'pop music' shit.

if they're gonna catagorize everything to death they might as well just go fuck off to channel 5, there's no reasoning behind that btw... just can't be assed with it.

if it's anything like last year it shouldn't really be called the brits, more like the american music awards where everyone sucks the darkness's ass cracks.

the last year it was good when they didn't take themselves seriously and the spice girls won the outstanding contribution with geri performing on her own and she came out of the giant vagina. legendary

BRITISH MALE SOLO ARTIST

Jamie Cullum

BRITISH FEMALE SOLO ARTIST

Amy Winehouse

BRITISH GROUP

Franz Ferdinand

MASTERCARD BRITISH ALBUM

The Streets - 'A Grand Dont Come For Free'

BRITISH SINGLE (What a fucking awful selection)

Will Young - 'Your Game'

BRITISH BREAKTHROUGH ACT

The Zutons

BRITISH URBAN ACT

Dizzee Rascal

BRITISH ROCK ACT

The Libertines

BRITISH LIVE ACT

Jamie Cullum

BRITs25 : THE BEST SONG AWARD

Joy Division - 'Love Will Tear Us Apart' - with Kate a close second

(purely for the fact if a Joy Division song is voted the best British song of the last 25 years it'll be such a great representation of Britain, of all the songs in the last 25 years we pick one by one of the most depressing bands ever to make music)

POP ACT

Girls Aloud

INTERNATIONAL MALE SOLO ARTIST

Tom Waits

INTERNATIONAL FEMALE SOLO ARTIST

Kylie Minogue

INTERNATIONAL GROUP

Scissor Sisters

INTERNATIONAL ALBUM

OutKast - 'Speakerboxxx/The Love Below'

INTERNATIONAL BREAKTHROUGH ACT

Scissor Sisters

OUTSTANDING CONTRIBUTION TO MUSIC

Sir Bob Geldof

(Why Geldoff? I don't dispute his huge contribution to charity and fighting world hunger, but music?... the Boomtown Rats? Has Peel had one yet? A posthumus one for him would have been nice.)

MASTERCARD BRITISH ALBUM

Franz Ferdinand - 'Franz Ferdinand'

Keane - 'Hopes And Fears'

thats a hard one, watch it doesn't take you eye out (cheeky..)

BRITISH BREAKTHROUGH ACT

Franz Ferdinand

BRITISH ROCK ACT

Franz Ferdinand

POP ACT

Girls Aloud

INTERNATIONAL FEMALE SOLO ARTIST

Kylie Minogue

INTERNATIONAL GROUP

OutKast

INTERNATIONAL ALBUM

Killers - 'Hot Fuss'

OutKast - 'Speakerboxxx/The Love Below'

both have definitely got they're bad sides (outkast pun intended) so its kinda hard..

INTERNATIONAL BREAKTHROUGH ACT

Killers

OUTSTANDING CONTRIBUTION TO MUSIC

Geldof the white wizard of 'does he really deserve this award more than..'

any bits i missed out either because they were pointless or i had no experience in the field... cause you know you cant be everywhere at once...