aberdeen-music

New My Mind's Weapon MP3...

Guest crime-is-for-dorks

Guest stuartmaxwell
wasn't so keen on the drumming I have to say' date=' at places it didn't sound very fluent, but thats very nit picky. [/quote']

i dont think its supposed to be fluent, the guy is a bloody good drummer though

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mr Blastcap

hmm

all in all i thought it was a very good collection of notes and chords, with noises made by bipeds. why is the bloke from that goth band evanesence doing the singing though?

it's very "band that play lava" though.

its not nearly as good as hot hot heat though, but would be really cool for talking shop over with a pint in ones hand.

Guest neil ex

I personally found the track an annoyance more than anything. I wanted to put it off towards the end. However, the recording sounds not bad, and neither's the song if you're aiming to be rockstars. I hated it though.

I've been listening to MMw since about April '04 I guess and I think they've changed a hell of a lot since even then. They're moving in directions that they want to and so if you don't like where they're going don't listen to them anymore, it's as simple as that.

The new tracks are so epic and include SO many different sounds that you can't fail to be impressed in some way at least. Although a lot of people seem to think the vocals are poor, Ben's voice has become a LOT stronger on these new tracks, in a very different way. This is the sound they wanted to create, like it or lump it. Personally I think the two tracks on the web just now are awesome, the Ben/Dan vocal dymnamic works very well in all songs I think, especially Play Dead. I really can't wait to hear the cd, 959 Goodbyes is an awesome song I can't wait to hear how it sounds recorded.

The new songs are definitely a lot more musical than vocal and although Ben's voice is sounding a lot stronger, I think this band's strength definitely lies in their musical ability. From about 3.30 minutes through Play Dead the music has a very Labyrinth-esque 80s David Bowie type sound to it which I for one absolutely love!! I am really looking forward to seeing Weapon live again soon.

It's good to see people taking a positive interest in the band. Usual people giving their usual comments is to be expected.....

I've been listening to MMw since about April '04 I guess and I think they've changed a hell of a lot since even then. They're moving in directions that they want to and so if you don't like where they're going don't listen to them anymore' date=' it's as simple as that.

The new tracks are so epic and include SO many different sounds that you can't fail to be impressed in some way at least. Although a lot of people seem to think the vocals are poor, Ben's voice has become a LOT stronger on these new tracks, in a very different way. This is the sound they wanted to create, like it or lump it. Personally I think the two tracks on the web just now are awesome, the Ben/Dan vocal dymnamic works very well in all songs I think, especially Play Dead. I really can't wait to hear the cd, 959 Goodbyes is an awesome song I can't wait to hear how it sounds recorded.

The new songs are definitely a lot more musical than vocal and although Ben's voice is sounding a lot stronger, I think this band's strength definitely lies in their musical ability. From about 3.30 minutes through Play Dead the music has a very Labyrinth-esque 80s David Bowie type sound to it which I for one absolutely love!! I am really looking forward to seeing Weapon live again soon.

It's good to see people taking a positive interest in the band. Usual people giving their usual comments is to be expected.....[/quote']

labyrinth???as in the film with the hairy monster thing and the pre teen with breasts?

I don't think much of the track. Very derivavitive - I think they need to think harder about their sound.

Also' date=' I can't tell if it's because I was listening to it streaming or something, but the recording quality isn't very good. There's too much reverb on the breakdown vocals too.

Craig[/quote']

i think that's because it's been streamed man, The CD sounds pretty phat and also there was intentionally far too much reverb on the break down vocals ;)

yes crocker the labyrinth the film....the music is fookin awesome!!!!

craig im pretty sure the quality is only bad cos of the transfer to mp3....purevolume quality is always a bit shit i think! meh' date=' what do i know though![/quote']

yehh man. totally stoked.awesome. fitever.

if you want a film with good music check out "FUCK MY DIRTY CUNT 4"