aberdeen-music

Coronation Streets "Goth"stereotype

kirkt

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't personally watch Coronation Street...but i was told about this story line by someone, maybe "gilly"?....didn't they get like an eight year old ginger kid and turn him into a "goth"...pathetic....but yeh, they have to follow the stereotype so that all the old people with an already crappy image of the "youth today" can watch their favourtie soap whilst bitching about us. ;) and getting their "viewing pleasure"..PFFT :moody:

I pissed myself laughing when I saw it. They died their hair black and are wearing black clothes.... so they must be Goths. :rolleyes:

hah yes, of course...i feel sorry for people with naturally black hair, because if they decide to wear an outfit, that just happens to be all black, they have a bunch of narrow minded folk assuming they're "goths".

soaps..pffft

(i'm also jealous of people with naturally black hair, as it is ALWAYS shiny :up: )

Kirk' date=' I never knew you watched Corrie?! What's this story line, I'll have to start watching it, sounds like fun :up:[/quote']

I'm more of an Emmerdale man personally. It just happened to be on...theirs two rebellious teens that are "companions in darkness" and wear make up and black. Tis rather amusing. No wonder people think all goths are weirdos when you get stuff like this on TV

hah yes' date=' of course...i feel sorry for people with naturally black hair, because if they decide to wear an outfit, that just happens to be all black, they have a bunch of narrow minded folk assuming they're "goths".

soaps..pffft

(i'm also jealous of people with naturally black hair, as it is ALWAYS shiny :up: )[/quote']

i dont know you but i want to see you balance a pint on your head. i would be most impressed.

i dont know you but i want to see you balance a pint on your head. i would be most impressed.

it always impresses me when i'm drunk and i see myself do it in front of mirror, everyone just looks at me and thinks spazz...which is about right.

Alex I'm truly impressed. :)

Did it fall off and spill all over yer keyboard afterwards? ;)

nope, just balanced there for about a minute while i tried to position the webcam to actually be high enough to see it(it's used to being lower cos of my height :( )..

no spillages to report..as you can see by my typing my keyboard is nicely dry ;)

Guest JockeySnogger

wow, coronation street to pint balancing - This thread has it all

I was going to put a thread up about this too but thankfully others found Coronation street equally tragic in Gothic interpretations

A'm a Goff

A'm gowin to me bedroom to lisen t'Cradle ov filf