aberdeen-music

ipod or zen or something else?

Skacel

im thinking of getting an mp3 but which one?

i remember seeing a thing on this website about the ipod battery life but is that only for first generation or is it still a problem for 4th generation?

and does it play wma files cos thats what themusic on my computer is? if not does this mean i have to re record all the music i want on it.

the zens got a removeably battery and plays wma files but does it offer a download program like i tunes?

help would be appreciated.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends what you mean by download programme? If by that you mean to download music from your computer onto the MP3 then yes Zen does indeed have that, although it's also compatible with other programmes such as WMP which is what I used to "sync" all my music from my comp onto my Zen.

Mmm... 20GB memory...

For 40 less than the iPod I stand by the Zen.

well you know how ipods got itunes' date=' does the zen offer some sort of alternative??[/quote']

Aye, "Zen Nomad Explorer" I think it is.

Couldn't tell you if it's any good or not because as soon as I realised I could just use Windows Media Player I decided just to use that.

I <3 my Zen. Wouldn't get an iPod now if you paid me. :)

get the new Sony NW-HD3. thats what i got for me crimbo and its the shit. im in *love* 249 for 20gb machine. its niccccccccccccce

yeh that thing sounds like the terminator the way its being descirbed on amazon

probably just go for a micro zen, i mean its only for music and i dont need it to store 100 000 songs or whatever it can hold.

Get a Zen for these reasons:

1) Ipods are for yuppies, and yuppies are scum.

2) Zens can go louder without losing sound quality.

3) Bams mug Ipod users more often, thanks to those sickeningly white headphones.

4) When you turn the Zen on, the power button glows and it looks ace!

5) The Zen doesn't glow pinkie-orange.

6) Ipods, despite what those fucks at apple say, unreliable.

Zaius has spoken.

:bat:

From what i understand you also have to convert the files for the sony as well into atrac but not 100% sure on that one.

Tis true. Also one of the main reasons I wanted to ditch my Mini-disc player. The whole converting and transfering process took far too long when it came down to it.

I just recieved a 40 Gb iPod, and so far I have no complaints about the machine itself. The headphones supplied are pretty pish though, but I expected that anyway.

Hum.