aberdeen-music

Satanic Bands?

Demon Of The Fall

And how is that taking the piss? I wanted to see what peoples opinions are on the flipped side of the coin. The fact that I copied your 1st post was to keep it as similar as possible

"take the piss if you like man?" - Thats not a question

Cool, sorry i'm in a shit mood, thought you were taking the piss by using my exact words- makes sense now though. and i'm shit with exclaimation/question marks i'm always thinking one but typing the other.

In answer, i think they're pretty funny, 'cause they kinda take the piss outta themselves with their image etc. As with everything a lot of fans seem to take it far too seriously and take it too far. There have been far more deaths due to satanic bands music than due to christian band's music. But you can't blame the bands for that.

What Satanic bands?

I can think of a many bands with Satanic undertones but nothing really reflects Satanic literature from Anton Zander LaVeys Church of Satan.

Take bands such as Cradle of Filth, Akercocke and Deicide. The lyrics mainly describe a form of devil worship (different from Satanism believe it or not!) Akercocke filled the inlay of their album sleeve with Enochian symbology to add realism to their cause but what they actually put there makes no contextual sense. Putting one Enochian symbol between song lyrics is like putting one word from a poem down. Pointless unless the whole thing is there.

The only band that seems to have taken religeous philosophy (Shamanism) and put it to clever use in their albums is (in my opinion) The Fields of the Nephilim.

Satanism / Devil Worship sells albums and fits in with the rock music. It's that simple. I like bands with good lyrics whether they are religeous or not. Saying that though, I love Rammstein and haven't the slightest clue what they are singing about half the time!

Sue.

What Satanic bands?

I can think of a many bands with Satanic undertones but nothing really reflects Satanic literature from Anton Zander LaVeys Church of Satan.

Take bands such as Cradle of Filth' date=' Akercocke and Deicide. The lyrics mainly describe a form of devil worship (different from Satanism believe it or not!) Akercocke filled the inlay of their album sleeve with Enochian symbology to add realism to their cause but what they actually put there makes no contextual sense. Putting one Enochian symbol between song lyrics is like putting one word from a poem down. Pointless unless the whole thing is there.

The only band that seems to have taken religeous philosophy (Shamanism) and put it to clever use in their albums is (in my opinion) The Fields of the Nephilim.

Satanism / Devil Worship sells albums and fits in with the rock music. It's that simple. I like bands with good lyrics whether they are religeous or not. Saying that though, I love Rammstein and haven't the slightest clue what they are singing about half the time!

Sue.[/quote']

i understand the difference.

a band like At The Gates had almost uplifting lyrics about modern satanism "under a serpent sun, we can all live as one" there are plenty of bands who have satanic lyrics without calling every song Inverted cross or somthing like that

Isn't Satanism something mainly to do with following your desires? It's a very misunderstood religion' date=' I know that.[/quote']

Indeed. Self-fulfilment by any means necessary is what satanism basically is. I suppose this is why many believe it to oppose christianity, due to most of the Christian ideals focusing on helping your fellow man.

Gah, it's too early, my head hurts now. :(

Satanic bands? Mmmm. I reckon most of the guys in these bands just use Satanism for lyrical content. They are mostly just Athiests who are perhaps disillusioned by Christianity IMHO.

True Satanic bands i.e. the Church burners etc? Dunno seems a bit silly. Although guys like Marilyn Manson, who is a self proclaimed Satanist has some very solid ideas regarding the contradictory nature of Catholicism and the dodgy redneck section of American society. He doesnt really strike me as a right evil fucker, just a guy who has some relevant points.

Personally, I am athiest who is spiritual, I need convincing on any religion.

Satanism is about selfishness. "Satan" being an ideal and not a fiery guy with hooves. The idea is that YOU are God. There is no other. (No God greater than man.)

The afterlife doesn't exist therefore you have one chance to shine. There is no sin however there are certain 'do's and don'ts'.

Chances are, you probably live the life of a Satanist and not even realise it.

The Church of Satan website goes into greater detail if you are interested or I recommend buying The Satanic Bible by Anton LaVey. (Available in all good bookshops except that Christian one on Back Wynd!)

Sue.

Having had a little scan thorugh some sites it seems that as with most religions Satanism has a certain degree of merit and i as a christian could quite easily adhere to some of it's rules which are consistent with christianity anyway. But some of it i find ridiculous like:

4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

and

11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

But things like this make sense to me:

3. SolipsismCan be very dangerous for Satanists. Projecting your reactions, responses and sensibilities onto someone who is probably far less attuned than you are. It is the mistake of expecting people to give you the same consideration, courtesy and respect that you naturally give them. They wont.

Though i must say that just the aesthetics of it would suggest to me that many Satanists themselves don't take it seriously.

i found this rather interesting

The Nine Satanic Statements

by Anton Szandor LaVey

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!

2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!

3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!

4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!

5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!

6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!

7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his divine spiritual and intellectual development, has become the most vicious animal of all!

8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!

9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!

(not a satanist...or birdman)

What Satanic bands?

Sue.

The Nephilim will make there return in early 2005 with a new album under Carl McCoys full leadership.

......Hail the return of the king!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :up:

mmm satan in music, it's something to write about ain't it, you can read as much or as little as you want into it.

Music after all is only entertainment :rolleyes: