aberdeen-music

Radio Lucifer/Broken Sunshine/The Void @ The Moorings 30th December

Afro Droid

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for god sake. broken sunshine were awesome. i really declare that radio lucifer did not, i repeat did not tingle the taste buds.... a fairly borng band compared to cleartone, the void and of course the awesome broken sunshine. really... i guess the technique of broken sunshine wasnt the best but at least they sounded amazing.... im so buying the ep...

caught the end of cleartone and they were pretty rocking first time i had seen them so hopefully catch them properly next gig.

Broken Sunshine had a good gig some technical faults but they were funny.

Radio Lucifer were probably the band of the night for me. Killer riffs,great presence and catchy songs. Complete improvement from last time i saw them at the Neil Leyton gig at Moshulu.

I enjoyed all the bands. This was the first time I'd seen both Cleartone and Radio Lucifer and was most impressed with both. It was good to see The Void again too.

Fuck me what a turn out though - that was awesome. It sure looked like everyone had a good time.

Hope to see much more of the new Cleartone in the future - Rory you did a good job and I loved your solos! The material was great too.

Appologies to Broken Sunshine as I was to blame for the technical glitches... hope MTA gets back from holiday soon LOL! BTW girls I feel cheated - yo only played 20mins! Err and it took me 10 mins to get you sounding right... oops. It was still nice to hear you again, and you played my favorite song! Our forthcoming replacement monitors will make things much easier for bands with 3 vocals, especially with one on the drums.

Radio Lucifer fairly blew my socks off, you should have seen the state of them after their set, those guys were virtually liquid, I think that's the most effort I've ever see a band put into a performance! I also think they are one of those bands that are more impressive live than on CD due to the sheer energy that they impart.

I couldn't see much of The Void because about 20 people were standing up on the benches and tables in front of me, but it certainly sounded good!

proof of the quality of the Moorings sound was on displaylast night because Broken Sunshine sounded so much better than at Kef the other week and I enjoyed Radio Lucifer a lot more than when they supported The Damned (prob cos they wasnt playing to an empty floor) though isnt the dedicating a song to Dimebag wore a bit thin now...i know it was bad but theres a lot worse things in the world. The Void are always an enjoyable experience

Dont think i've ever seen the moorings so packed like that. :partyboy:

Until Homanay last night - ooucha fucker that was verging on the scary for a while. Despite imposing a 'no randoms' rule from 9pm we were still forced to set up a queue system at the front door. Was an amazing night though a Chris and all the barstaff did a great job. Much better than last years washout LOL.

i'd never seen a band at the moorings until radio lucifer went onstage on thursday night. both they and the sound were good. i don't see why people slag off the sound. unless it's a lot worse normally. anyway' date=' there you go flash, i came down, enjoyed myself, and you even served me a pint i think.[/quote']

Only Maxwell has ever slagged off the sound but just ignore him cos he's only ever attended one soundcheck :moody: Sound is even better when MTA does it.

It was probably Frankenfurter that served you. I was tucked away in the corner minging... err I mean working on the reverb. Come to think of it my avatar looks more like Frank than me. Imagine that guy but only taller, fatter, hairier, more vacant looking, and with soup stains down the front of his t-shirt, and his spaver undone. That's me!

That was an awesome gig! It was great fun, I think we played really well! I always love the sound at moorings, we sound so much better there than anywhere else. It was the busiest I've ever seen it too which was great.

Cleartone were good, not what I was expecting at all cus I'd never seen them before.

Radio Lucifer, I thought, were better at the Damned gig than the gig at moorings, but they're still great all the same.

The Void were amazing! I love the Void and it was so sad to witness their last gig. They played exceptionally well and were the band of the night for me, the crowd certainly loved them too which was brilliant!

I'm pretty sure i spotted Intravenous's "Hot Guy"

And who is this Roger Kimmet fella? Wasn't there a thread about him? Photos please.. I'm intrigued.

You dont want to know! I met him on thursday, tho i'd rather not talk about it. Even in the one or two sentinces he did speak to me, he managed to leave me once again in awe of his personality. It's something else! :help:

That was an awesome gig! It was great fun' date=' I think we played really well! I always love the sound at moorings, we sound so much better there than anywhere else. It was the busiest I've ever seen it too which was great.

Cleartone were good, not what I was expecting at all cus I'd never seen them before.

Radio Lucifer, I thought, were better at the Damned gig than the gig at moorings, but they're still great all the same.

The Void were amazing! I love the Void and it was so sad to witness their last gig. They played exceptionally well and were the band of the night for me, the crowd certainly loved them too which was brilliant![/quote']

Thank you so much!!! We really enjoyed the night! Infact we enjoyed it so much, that there just might be a chance of the void reforming to do something else... We'll see... but might be fun to do more experimental music. Who knows? :bat:

You dont want to know! I met him on thursday' date=' tho i'd rather not talk about it. Even in the one or two sentinces he did speak to me, he managed to leave me once again in awe of his personality. It's something else! :help:[/quote']

aaah!! i still want to know

EVERYONE always talks about him. I feel left in the dark

The Void were brilliant by the way. Definitely my favourite band of the evening.