aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Darth Elvis

Favourite Vampire Movies

Do you think modern vampire movies have destroyed the mythology of vampires?

Yeh, have you seen Underworld?! Meant to be a movie about vampires and werewolves, but it's all about weapons and fighting between the two sides, there's hardly any of the mythology behind vampires in it at all.

So you don't think movies like those have "destroyed the mythology of vampires"?

Van Helsing is one of the worst films I've seen,and working in a video rental place, I see A LOT of bad films.

Underworld.

Kate Beckinsale+leather catsuit.

surely that's reason enough.

Van Helsing

Same reason.

:up:

Sorry, I started writing my post before you put up yours, no offence intended.

as much as i love blade, another vampire film with fuck all to do with the whole mystery of Vampires lol....just another excuse for more blood and shooting. Its almost as bad as buffy, shes a vampire slayer so why the hell does she kill demons? theyre not vampires are they love? noooooo

:bat:

So you don't think movies like those have "destroyed the mythology of vampires"?

Van Helsing is one of the worst films I've seen' date='and working in a video rental place, I see A LOT of bad films.[/quote']

I'm not saying that they're oscar material, but c'mon Kate Beckinsale is gorgeous!!!!!

Lost Boys. The Original Hammer Horror Dracula, you fools.

Underworld = *starts metal sound track* "IIIII ammm vammmppiirrreee, yyyooouuu arrreee weeereeewoolllfff, IIIIIII hhhaatttee suuuunnnn, yyyyooouuu haaaattteee siiillllvvverrrr, ooooooooooh yeah" *ends metal soundtrack*

Guest valley69
Lost Boys. The Original Hammer Horror Dracula' date=' you fools.

Underworld = *starts metal sound track* "IIIII ammm vammmppiirrreee, yyyooouuu arrreee weeereeewoolllfff, IIIIIII hhhaatttee suuuunnnn, yyyyooouuu haaaattteee siiillllvvverrrr, ooooooooooh yeah" *ends metal soundtrack*[/quote']

shaz u ok? :up:

Interview with the Vampire was a great movie.. then some idiot went and made Queen of the damned which was almost as bad as the vampire movie with Bon Jovi in it. The only reason Underworld was good is cause Kate Beckinsale is hot. Van Helsing was just awful. Thats pretty much most of the vampire movies I've ever seen.

I actually really loved Blade, it didn't ignore the mythology side that much... well... maybe, but it was still pretty damn good.

I have to say I loved Dusk til Dawn aswell and Interview with the Vampire was fantastic.

Still haven't seen Underworld or Van Helsing, the comments about Van Helsing are starting to make me wonder if I should even bother ;)

My favourite is prolly still Bram Stoker's dracula. Gary Oldman is a God.