aberdeen-music

Id

Daniel

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes but you do have to realise why the hell should you have to pay an adult fare when you're still at school' date=' have no job and don't have a student card. It's not fair hence people scam. Everyone has done it at some point although I give up sometimes, I start to feel bad. I do hope that you weren't insinuating that rainbow princess and people like her were indeed affecting the whole of aberdeen councils desicions on bus fares becuase they aren't. It's all to do with tax and general inflation in prices.[/quote']

Exactly. They should have had a "schoolie" fare, not a child's fare which only brings you to the age of 16. What in the 2 years between turning 16 and starting uni I should suddenly have a huge influx of cash allowing me to pay the extortionate - yes I think they are extortionate - adult bus fares each time I used the bus, which I have to say was very often? "Get a bus pass" you say - the adult bus passes are again incredibly expensive compared to what you pay as a student.

No I wasn't needing my money for booze and cigarettes because not all teenagers do drink and smoke. And it wasn't going on scratch cards or a drug habit either.

If you're 16-18 and still in full term education you don't pay for prescriptions.

If you're still at school and have a photo-card of some sorts you get into the cinema at student prices. Because you are technically still a student. Not a student at university, but still in full term education.

Paying a child's fare I was actually still paying more than I now do with my student bus pass.

Therefore I think the same rules should apply on public transport - they're trying to encourage us to use it aren't they? - and hence I will continue to refuse to pay an adult fare on first buses until I have finished my degree. When I am no longer a student, in school or university.

Call me a scammer if you will, but as far as I'm concerned my actions are justified.

*chuckle*

I was getting a child's fare on the bus up until getting my student bus pass' date=' think they adult prices are too high.

If anyone had ever asked me to prove I was under 16 I would have said something like "I never realised you were required to carry ID to prove you were [b']under a certain age..."

Randomness.

....No its not.

(not birdman)

Guest neil ex
Exactly. They should have had a "schoolie" fare' date=' not a child's fare which only brings you to the age of 16. What in the 2 years between turning 16 and starting uni I should suddenly have a huge influx of cash allowing me to pay the extortionate - yes I think they are extortionate - adult bus fares each time I used the bus, which I have to say was very often? "Get a bus pass" you say - the adult bus passes are again incredibly expensive compared to what you pay as a student.

No I wasn't needing my money for booze and cigarettes because not all teenagers [b']do drink and smoke. And it wasn't going on scratch cards or a drug habit either.

If you're 16-18 and still in full term education you don't pay for prescriptions.

If you're still at school and have a photo-card of some sorts you get into the cinema at student prices. Because you are technically still a student. Not a student at university, but still in full term education.

Paying a child's fare I was actually still paying more than I now do with my student bus pass.

Therefore I think the same rules should apply on public transport - they're trying to encourage us to use it aren't they? - and hence I will continue to refuse to pay an adult fare on first buses until I have finished my degree. When I am no longer a student, in school or university.

Call me a scammer if you will, but as far as I'm concerned my actions are justified.

yellowcard_thumb.png

*books rainbowprincess*

i fucking hate her, one day it was PISSING it down with rain and (i dont know if any of you know, but outside newtonhill there is a little layby which has a path beside it which leads me kinda right beside my boyfriends house) the bus wasnt going through newtonhill, only going to the crossroads so as i got on the bus i asked her for a half single etc etc and she didnt beleive me so i got out my library card to prove my DOB (this was before i was 16) (she has asked me for photo id before like a drivers license lol, THAT WOULD MAKE ME OVER 16 BINT!)

but anyway, i asked her if she would stop at the layby which would save me a hell of a long distance walking in the pissing rain and getting soaked etc etc and she looked at me and thought about it for a second and then replied "not for a HALF single i wont"

i was fucking drenched :(

bitch :moody:

i know many poeple who have complained about her but nothing has been done

my boyfriends sister knows some people that got on the bus when she was driving it and she pulled away far to quickly and before they had a chance to sit down so they went flying. i thikn one broke their arm and the other had to get stitches in their head or something like that