aberdeen-music

Status Quo, hero's or zero's?????

The Milner

Guest DustyDeviada

Good luck to them, you really can't beat a bit of Rockin' All Over the World or Caroline.

But they really should stay away from the classics - their covers of Fun Fun Fun and You Never Can Tell are just crap.

Having seen them live, I reckon Francis Rossi's actually quite tasty on the lead guitar. For pure comedy though you can't beat the daft looks on the bass players gormless face.

Guest Bob Double Jack
Having seen them live' date=' I reckon Francis Rossi's actually quite tasty on the lead guitar. For pure comedy though you can't beat the daft looks on the bass players gormless face.[/quote']

I couldnt agree more!

Just out of curiosity' date=' why?[/quote']

Why would they be heroes? Not good music, not funny, not legends, just lip syncing (sp?) badly on TOTP2. Didn't know they were classed as anything other than a gimmick to be honest, how the fuck you'd pay to see em 5 times...

Why would they be heroes? Not good music' date=' not funny, not legends, just lip syncing (sp?) badly on TOTP2. Didn't know they were classed as anything other than a gimmick to be honest, how the fuck you'd pay to see em 5 times...[/quote']

If you dont like that kinda music then fair enough.

Ive paid to see them cause i love them and think they are amazing just like you would with one of your fav bands.

The way i see it they have managed to go for thirty years so the must of done something right.

you gotta respect the quo for writing the same song many times using the CGF chord progression, actually their early stuff is well worth checking out. whilst they havent done much of any note since the mid 80's they deserve respect for longevity and making many people happy over the years including myself.