aberdeen-music

70's Hall of Fame

Rob

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sex Pistols deserve to be there, like Noel Gallagher once said "Not one of The Clash's albums is worth a wank next to Never Mind The Bollocks", they inspired far more bands than The Clash ever did and inspired The Clash themselves and changed music forever, you can trace a hell of a lot of music in this country back to the Sex Pistols

i would also put David Bowie in there for constantly being innovative, never doing the same thing with every album he has made and always being daring with his music and image

Sex Pistols deserve to be there' date=' like Noel Gallagher once said "Not one of The Clash's albums is worth a wank next to Never Mind The Bollocks", they inspired far more bands than The Clash ever did and inspired The Clash themselves and changed music forever, you can trace a hell of a lot of music in this country back to the Sex Pistols[/quote']

I disagree with this.

But hey, Noel Gallagher talks a load of shite anyway.

All down to personal preference I suppose.

Correct.

Don't get me wrong' date=' I loved the pistols, but they really were just a bit of a joke, with one (albeit fantasic) album.[/quote']

if they were a joke then they're the best joke i have ever heard ;)

and probably the best joke the likes of Joy Division, The Fall, The Clash, Nirvana, The Prodigy, Jesus And Mary Chain, Echo & The Bunnymen, Guns N Roses, Jane's Addiction, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Black Flag and The Smiths ever heard too since they seem to cite the Pistols as the reason that inspired them to make music in the first place ;)

if they were a joke then they're the best joke i have ever heard ;)

and probably the best joke the likes of Joy Division' date=' The Fall, The Clash, Nirvana, The Prodigy, Jesus And Mary Chain, Echo & The Bunnymen, Guns N Roses, Jane's Addiction, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Black Flag and The Smiths ever heard too since they seem to cite the Pistols as the reason that inspired them to make music in the first place ;)[/quote']

Hahah, yeah whatever mate :)

I just don't like the fact people seem to dismiss the Clash as lesser than the Pistols. They had the last laugh in the end though I suppose.

As I said, all about personal opinion, and nothing I say will get you down off your high horse and get your toys backin the pram ;)

Hahah' date=' yeah whatever mate :)

I just don't like the fact people seem to dismiss the Clash as lesser than the Pistols. They had the last laugh in the end though I suppose.

As I said, all about personal opinion, and nothing I say will get you down off your high horse and get your toys backin the pram ;)[/quote']

i think i shall stay on my high horse for now, afraid i might slip on the bullshit you're talking ;)

yeh sex pistol made punk be known but musically they were inspirational. For me Clash should be in it-many styles were featured in their music and many bands now reflect on the clash. Don't get me wrong Sex Pistols are amazing but I like The Clash more.

I don't think tis fair that only one band from this category is going in as the best bands were featured in here.

I don't think tis fair that only one band from this category is going in as the best bands were featured in here.

o_O

I really hope you just aren't referring to the Clash and the Pistols