aberdeen-music

Perfect circle - Emotive

rune

well until you do actually do into any amount of detail i think i shall buy it anyway, Perfect Circle are fucking awesome (well going by the last 2 albums) and going by your track record of talking shit i doubt anyone will go by your saying until you come up with something a tad more productive than "its real shit".

Incidentally i didnt even know it was out yet... thought it was next week, ah well.

well until you do actually do into any amount of detail i think i shall buy it anyway' date=' Perfect Circle are fucking awesome (well going by the last 2 albums) and going by your track record of talking shit i doubt anyone will go by your saying until you come up with something a tad more productive than "its real shit".

Incidentally i didnt even know it was out yet... thought it was next week, ah well.[/quote']

I do love the first two, i even went down to glasgow to see them last time round, one of the best gigs ive been to. Apc are so much better than cover songs tho. Always thought maynard was original, this cd states otherwise tho.

I do love the first two' date=' i even went down to glasgow to see them last time round, one of the best gigs ive been to. Apc are so much better than cover songs tho. Always thought maynard was original, this cd states otherwise tho.[/quote']

From what I've heard of APC covers, don't they normally chnge them to make them their own style?

Mind you, I've only heard their covers of Bowie's Ashes To Ashes, and John Lennon's Imagine, so it might not be the case with the other ones.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Mind you' date=' I've only heard their covers of Bowie's Ashes To Ashes[/quote']

You should hear Bastard Noise's cover of "Eight Line Poem". Absolutely out there.

From what I've heard of APC covers' date=' don't they normally chnge them to make them their own style?

Mind you, I've only heard their covers of Bowie's Ashes To Ashes, and John Lennon's Imagine, so it might not be the case with the other ones.[/quote']

Yeah heard ashes to ashes on a live bootleg, not bad at all.

They have made their own style, only know a few of the songs.

Counting bodies to the sheep, freedom of choice and imagine.

True but i really dont regard them as good. I really do think its way below their previous releases

Have you got your head up your arse. You said that you've only heard a few of the tracks, yet you write off the entire album.

Just because it's a cover album doesn't mean to say it's shit. The band are just choosing to express themselves in a different way. Plus, I'm guessing it might be a while until we see something new from APC as Tool haven't released something in quite sometime, and they will have probably been working on new stuff.

I am also aware of the fact that Bill Howerdel does most of the writing for APC, so the fact that Maynard isn't kicking about, but I doubt things can really go ahead with out him being present.

Meh, never mind.

no he said he'd only heard two of the songs that they're covering before. ;)

Yeah, but in the first post he didn't point that out. He just said that the album is really shit.

But I'm probably nit-picking. I'm bored as fuck and tired, so it doesn't make good for my abillity to post things.

Yeah' date=' but in the first post he didn't point that out. He just said that the album is really shit.

But I'm probably nit-picking. I'm bored as fuck and tired, so it doesn't make good for my abillity to post things.[/quote']

Indeed he did not - a harsh critique of the album indeed methinks. I shall follow many others and wait until I hear it to decide :)

Indeed he did not - a harsh critique of the album indeed methinks. I shall follow many others and wait until I hear it to decide :)

Same here. I eagrly wait it's release. Although lack of funding will probably prevent me from getting it.

Man, I really need to get a job. :rolleyes:

On a slightly related topic' date=' how good is Thirteenth Step!?

I've listened to it three times in a row now after not lbeing able to listen to it for months because fo certain memories. I forgot how much I loved that album.

Er... yeah...

* runs away *[/quote']

I like it, especially songs the noose, the package.

• 3 weeks later...

emotive is very much a grower. i wasn't too sure to start with. but once i got into it i couldn't stop listening. s'been on repeat for the past 2 weeks for me now.

the stand out tracks for me are imagine, passive, and fiddle and the drum.

passive is by far the best track on the album though. it could have easily been put on either mer de noms or thirteenth step and still been the best song on them.

:up:

Also there is a song called "passive" Which is kind of strange' date=' as its previous encantation was a live song performed by apc called "vacant" Rumoured to be part of the tapeworm project which is supposed to be maynard and reznor co working.....[/quote']

I don't think it's that bad, but it's not "that good" either...but, I think it was hurriedly put out as an impetus to get people to think about the war (iraq) and get them voting...

as for "tapeworm", I thought that was an old Reznor Project, it's taken from the Pigface song "tapeworm" (how anal am I ?)

I don't think it's that bad' date=' but it's not "that good" either...but, I think it was hurriedly put out as an impetus to get people to think about the war (iraq) and get them voting...

as for "tapeworm", I thought that was an old Reznor Project, it's taken from the Pigface song "tapeworm" (how anal am I ?)[/quote']

Yeah maybe

On a slightly related topic' date=' how good is Thirteenth Step!?

I've listened to it three times in a row now after not lbeing able to listen to it for months because fo certain memories. I forgot how much I loved that album.

Er... yeah...

* runs away *[/quote']

I still dont have this album. And I need to get it.

I love Mer De Noms