aberdeen-music

ever been to 13th Note?

Biz

Guest allsystemsfail
Been offered a gig there' date=' anyone know if it's worth gigging there,what size it is etc ?.[/quote']

I've caught several shows there. Have played there too, and yeah, it's really cool. Not very large - I guess not much bigger than Drakes. The show space is downstairs, on the ground floor a bar and cool vegan eating place.

good place, worth playing. We've played a number of times.

The food is fucking awful. But I absolutely hate vegetarian food, so never ate there out of principle. I had the misfortune of being so hungry that I tried one of their bean burgers. sludgy crap.

Vegetarianism is just weird to me. However, I ate 3 different animals in one meal yesterday - a chicken, a sheep, and a pig had to die for my dinner - so I'll call it quits with the veggies. I'm making up for them!

My views however, do no represent the views of deadenstereo - Chris the bass player has been veggie from birth. Now that's weird!

Craig

Guest stuartmaxwell
good place' date=' worth playing. We've played a number of times.

The food is fucking awful. But I absolutely hate vegetarian food, so never ate there out of principle. I had the misfortune of being so hungry that I tried one of their bean burgers. sludgy crap.

Vegetarianism is just weird to me. However, I ate 3 different animals in one meal yesterday - a chicken, a sheep, and a pig had to die for my dinner - so I'll call it quits with the veggies. I'm making up for them!

My views however, do no represent the views of deadenstereo - Chris the bass player has been veggie from birth. Now that's weird!

Craig[/quote']

chris is just weird full stop :p

I remember not seeing you there Martin (we turned up late) but Motormark and the Electroluvs were excellent.

that was a good gig. did you see mavis aswell? i thought they were rad.

as for the food, aslong as you dont get the burgers or nachos its all good.

ive been there a couple of times as a meat eater and never had a problem with it. although i'm a veggie now and had been one before so i'm maybe immune to it?

some people cant live without having some nard and scrote in every meal.

Guest stuartmaxwell

def worth playing here, a great wee place, lots of charm, grumpy barman who used to be in fighting red adair (miserable guy), usually has cool sound and decent bands

apart from twighlights kiss-they played there with eric euan recently, they fucking suck so much baws

Guest allsystemsfail

The food is fucking awful. But I absolutely hate vegetarian food' date=' so never ate there out of principle. I had the misfortune of being so hungry that I tried one of their bean burgers. sludgy crap.

Craig[/quote']

Weird? Why? Most of those who become vegetarian/vegan, do so not because they hold with some bizarre belief system, but because they disagree with the cruel practices involved in the rearing and slaughter of animals for food.

Oh, and I guess you never tried their vegan cheesecake. Its reputation extends far and beyond.

Guest allsystemsfail

Am trying to think what bands I've caight there. Saw Dropdead, Cress, John Holmes, Slain + Brother Inferior and Scatha - with whom the band with which I was then involved (Collateral Damage) played.

Weird? Why? Most of those who become vegetarian/vegan' date=' do so not because they hold with some bizarre belief system, but because they disagree with the cruel practices involved in the rearing and slaughter of animals for food.

Oh, and I guess you never tried their vegan cheesecake. Its reputation extends far and beyond.[/quote']

Ahh, but Chris is a veggie since birth - I find that weird.

I do understand why people become vegetarian. I personally think it is a dumb idea, but hey, whatever turns you on!

Alas, I didn't try their cheescake. I generally try not to eat foods that don't have any meat in them, as I feel that I was placed on this earth to correct the cosmic imbalance created by their being too many pinko liberal veggies around.

They call me: "The Equaliser"

Great wee place.

Don't know why people reckon it's bigger than Drakes, cuz I don't think it is. If anything, I'd say in terms of Fire Regulation numbers that Drakes would have the edge on capacity.

Decent Peavey PA and a helpful chap to do the sound, everything mic'd up and all that. It's not huge, so even with a modest crowd it feels busy. I think we've played three or four times there.

Guest allsystemsfail
Ahh' date=' but Chris is a veggie since birth - I find that weird.

I do understand why people become vegetarian. I personally think it is a dumb idea, but hey, whatever turns you on!

Alas, I didn't try their cheescake. I generally try not to eat foods that don't have any meat in them, as I feel that I was placed on this earth to correct the cosmic imbalance created by their being too many pinko liberal veggies around.

[/quote']

A vegetarian since birth weird? Why?

Sharing a compassion for other living things? Sure, dumb.

A vegetarian since birth weird? Why?

Sharing a compassion for other living things? Sure' date=' dumb.[/quote']

definate killers of live humans:

sharks eat people

lions and tigers eat people

bears eat people

cougars eat small people

crocodiles eat people

large snakes eat people

eaters of dead humans:

wild dogs

vultures

fish

octopi

various others

none of the deaths from the above assortment of creatures would be humane or pleasant, especially attack by large snake.now, if every living creature on earth has equal rights why is it ok to get mauled by a grizzly or ripped to pieces by a great white but not ok to have some bacon? if a beast can track a human over several miles with the sole intent to eat then surely its ok to electrocute a cow? if its a territorial thing (in saying that i mean we shouldnt go where the wild things are) that simply wouldnt be fair, i should be allowed to explore the depths of the ocean or wander through a forest as much as an animal can.

if hungry meat eating animals had easy access to us, they sure as fuck would have a fast food chain to rival macdonalds, out on the african velde or wherever.

steve, at home, waiting for the kettle to boil.

Guest allsystemsfail
definate killers of live humans:

sharks eat people

lions and tigers eat people

bears eat people

cougars eat small people

crocodiles eat people

large snakes eat people

eaters of dead humans:

wild dogs

vultures

fish

octopi

various others

none of the deaths from the above assortment of creatures would be humane or pleasant' date=' especially attack by large snake.now, if every living creature on earth has equal rights why is it ok to get mauled by a grizzly or ripped to pieces by a great white but not ok to have some bacon? if a beast can track a human over several miles with the sole intent to eat then surely its ok to electrocute a cow? if its a territorial thing (in saying that i mean we shouldnt go where the wild things are) that simply wouldnt be fair, i should be allowed to explore the depths of the ocean or wander through a forest as much as an animal can.

if hungry meat eating animals had easy access to us, they sure as fuck would have a fast food chain to rival macdonalds, out on the african velde or wherever.

steve, at home, waiting for the kettle to boil.[/quote']

Choice. I would have thought that quite clear. Shit, to make such a comparison - the preying on creatures in order that these animals survive with the eating of bacon, is frankly ridiculous. Do they raise their prey in factories, cause them unnecessary suffering?

Do you deny the cruelty inflicted upon animals in their rearing and slaughter - in often factory like conditions?