aberdeen-music

The music scene

kitteh

Real music let me educate you. Bands like nine ince nails' date=' tool, fugazi, dinosaur jr, alice in chains, nirvana.

Want any more?[/quote']

lol again you backed up my point exactly.

But hey wait are Fugazi not ment to be the origonal "emo" band?? Hmmm i think i can see what this is all about now!!

You secretly love emo and sit in your room listening to it all day and all night but dont tell anyone cause you dont want to be seen as a "scenster". So you go about saying that all emo is shit but just so you can have a little release you name Fugazi as one of the bands you listen to. This way if people have a go you can just hide behind the old "i hate all this new emo....im oldskool emo"

*sighs*

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But hey wait are Fugazi not ment to be the origonal "emo" band?? Hmmm i think i can see what this is all about now!!

You secretly love emo and sit in your room listening to it all day and all night but dont tell anyone cause you dont want to be seen as a "scenster". So you go about saying that all emo is shit but just so you can have a little release you name Fugazi as one of the bands you listen to. This way if people have a go you can just hide behind the old "i hate all this new emo....im oldskool emo"

*sighs*

Dont preach your crap to me. Fugazi emo, shut up. Next you will be telling me all your emo bands do benefit gigs and help important causes. Dont ever clone your shit emo bands with the greatness of fugazi

Dont preach your crap to me. Fugazi emo' date=' shut up. Next you will be telling me all your emo bands do benefit gigs and help important causes. Dont ever clone your shit emo bands with the greatness of fugazi[/quote']

why are they my emo bands i never argued that any of them were amazing or did anything good. Im just sick and tired of always reading the same crap in about 20 different threads. Anyway i think you'll find Fugazi are classed as emo, they were one of the first bands to be called that. But hey since you know so much ill leave it at that.

*sighs*

haha shot down.

sorry dude ... fugazi are soem of the first to be called emo ..like all genres emo has changed.. who cares emo bands will play and emo kids will go and see them big deal get over..why should you care >?

But why can fugazi be called emo if their lyrical style is way different to the stuff you're hearing just now?

Real music let me educate you. Bands like nine ince nails' date=' tool, fugazi, dinosaur jr, alice in chains, nirvana.

Want any more?[/quote']

what's the difference between those bands and emo bands?

let's just assume you think My Minds Weapon are "emo"..now, let's look at the fact that their lead guitarist is undeniably better at playing the guitar than Kurt Cobain ever was, let's look at the fact that their bassist is most likely better than Krist Novoselic is/was...fair enough, Dave Grohl may be better than their drummer (i know nothing about drums, they both nail the fuck out of said drumkits however) - but one person doesn't constitute the whole band. Real music? On the basis of talent, I'd say MMW were more of a band than Nirvana anyday.

now, stop with this fucking stupid "emo bands are rubbish and they should play real music!" nonsense, i'm bored to fucking tears of hearing people slag emo bands off, only to profess a love for a band(s) that are actually worse in terms of talent.

Guest neil ex
what's the difference between those bands and emo bands?

let's just assume you think My Minds Weapon are "emo"..now' date=' let's look at the fact that their lead guitarist is undeniably better at playing the guitar than Kurt Cobain ever was, let's look at the fact that their bassist is most likely better than Krist Novoselic is/was...fair enough, Dave Grohl may be better than their drummer (i know nothing about drums, they both nail the fuck out of said drumkits however) - but one person doesn't constitute the whole band. Real music? On the basis of talent, I'd say MMW were more of a band than Nirvana anyday.

now, stop with this fucking stupid "emo bands are rubbish and they should play real music!" nonsense, i'm bored to fucking tears of hearing people slag emo bands off, only to profess a love for a band(s) that are actually worse in terms of talent.[/quote']

kurt cobain wrote better music.

kurt cobain wrote better music.

Did he? It's subjective..he wrote songs that connected with a generation, but in terms of actual ability, his songs were rudimentary at best. I doubt his actual musical ability was that impressive - and somehow, I doubt he had masses of understanding of musical theory.

kurt cobain was more gifted than any member of my mind's weapon.

o_O

are you seriously deluded? Kurt's voice wasn't great (it was known to fail him fairly regularly, and i don't think anyone could say that it was a particularly great voice), his guitar playing wasn't exactly amazing (wow, sorry, a few chords...could he play big fuckoff solos? doubt it..)..at the end of the day, he was in the right place at the right time.

Kurt Cobain was probably culturally the most important person of the 90's - he was the voice of a generation, and a significant number of people lived through his words..but as a *musician*, he wasn't particularly great.

Guest neil ex

i'm not missing your point. i'm just saying, i value creativity as a much greater gift than technical ability. anyway, i liked everything kurt cobain played on a guitar, it all sounded great to me. some of dan's guitar playing just sounds stupid, unnecessary and overly extravagant, like a tutorial excersise.

Forget the music scene. If you live in England' date=' then dont come to Scotland. Minimum drinks prices are about to come into effect in Aberdeen, and Glasgow and Edinburgh are following. If you want to be a student, dont be one here.[/quote']

Bottles of White Lightning are still 2.99 at Spar so we're all sorted! :p