aberdeen-music

The music scene

kitteh

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest allsystemsfail

what about the people who go to see support bands then leave before the main act? Happens all the time in aberdeen. Just because these people can be trendy with their pals.

With that I agree. It's a thing I've seen time and time again. Catch their friend's outfit, then leave.

Or what about those folks who will catch only name bands - Converge is one, Dillinger Escape Plan another, yet choose to ignore comparable outfits who have made it through here.

With that I agree. It's a thing I've seen time and time again. Catch their friend's outfit' date=' then leave.

Or what about those folks who will catch only name bands - Converge is one, Dillinger Escape Plan another, yet choose to ignore comparable outfits who have made it through here.[/quote']

So true. You get non scener name bands at drakes. Alot of them very good but will these people go? Not on your life.

Guest stuartmaxwell
So true. You get non scener name bands at drakes. Alot of them very good but will these people go? Not on your life.

hmm no really the case

of course you get sceney band sin drakes, everything is a scene whether you liek it or not

you have the elitists, , you have the modern day trend following sceners (nu metal-pop punk-metalcore), you have the anti trend sceners, metal scenery, chin stroking sceners (post rock etc)

its everywhere, you are part of a scene.

Guest stuartmaxwell
Well tell me this then' date=' if MMW are such a scener band then how come all the little "emo", "hardcore" or whatever kids sat there and didnt really give them that much attention at the jonny truant gig??

If they were such a sceners band then surely they would of had a bigger crowd reaction.[/quote']

heres a brainwave?maybe cos they werent any good???? :ding:

hmm no really the case

of course you get sceney band sin drakes' date=' everything is a scene whether you liek it or not

you have the elitists, , you have the modern day trend following sceners (nu metal-pop punk-metalcore), you have the anti trend sceners, metal scenery, chin stroking sceners (post rock etc)

its everywhere, you are part of a scene.[/quote']

Yeah you do get sceney bands in drakes, buts its the DIY bands that play there i was talking about. I really doubt those people would turn up. By scene i refer to bands that people know from name.

Yeah i am part of the underground scene and proud of it. It's just alot of that mainstream pop punk/emo/chart music i dont like. It all sounds too samey to me.

Yeah i am part of the underground scene and proud of it.

You're waaaay too cool - I can't believe how much of an individual you are.

Get over yourself and stop talking so much utter bollocks. This thread should have been closed a long time ago because, and I know you'll find this hard to believe rune, WE'VE HEARD IT ALL BEFORE!!!! :swearing:

Guest allsystemsfail
hmm no really the case

of course you get sceney band sin drakes' date=' everything is a scene whether you liek it or not

its everywhere, you are part of a scene.[/quote']

Sure. However, there is a great deal of difference between folks with a genuine love of music, and those who just wanna hang with their friends.

Sure. However' date=' there is a great deal of difference between folks with a genuine love of music, and those who just wanna hang with their friends.[/quote']

What about people who have a genuine love of music and wanna hang with their friends? A gig is a social event.

Guest allsystemsfail
What about people who have a genuine love of music and wanna hang with their friends? A gig is a social event.

Ya kinda missed the point. I was taking about those who JUST wanna hang with their friends.

Guest stuartmaxwell
Sure. However' date=' there is a great deal of difference between folks with a genuine love of music, and those who just wanna hang with their friends.[/quote']

who cares though?why let it bother us?

people with a resent to scenesters are just as bad as scenesters

Guest allsystemsfail

Well, it is extremely dispiriting for touring acts. I often like to talk about the antimaniax show here last year, since it illustrates this so well. A lotta these folks will catch their friend's band, then they're out of there.

You're waaaay too cool - I can't believe how much of an individual you are.

Get over yourself and stop talking so much utter bollocks. This thread should have been closed a long time ago because' date=' and I know you'll find this hard to believe rune, WE'VE HEARD IT ALL BEFORE!!!! :swearing:[/quote']

Since when is standing up for what i believe in bolloks, youre an idiot.

Just because my scene doesnt comform to your beliefs doesnt make it wrong.

You ignorant little brat

So how would you feel if a band you really like couldnt tour due to lack of gig interest?

These bands need merchandise sales to support their tour you know.

People who just turn up for their mates band would have no interest in this.

Since when is standing up for what i believe in bolloks' date=' youre an idiot.

Just because my scene doesnt comform to your beliefs doesnt make it wrong.

You ignorant little brat[/quote']

Where the fuck do you get off? You are so patronising it's not true, its actually hilarious. Almost as funny as your punctuation, not to mention the fact that you make up your own words.... comform?!?! Nice try.

THAT'S how to be patronising!

Oh and little brat - ha ha ha! :bat:

Where the fuck do you get off? You are so patronising it's not true' date=' its actually hilarious. Almost as funny as your punctuation, not to mention the fact that you make up your own words.... comform?!?! Nice try.

THAT'S how to be patronising!

Oh and [i']little brat - ha ha ha! :bat:

Oh and picking up on my grammar is so childish and pathetic, kind of tells me what kind of person you are. Well done you avoided the real point and brought up on your own sad little crusade.

Oh and picking up on my grammar is so childish and pathetic' date=' kind of tells me what kind of person you are. Well done you avoided the real point and brought up on your own sad little crusade.[/quote']

Yep, that's true. Because your real point is what exactly? "I don't like *insert genre/band name* here so I'm going to whine about it like a pissy little child... wah wah waaaaaaaaaah"

And the kind of person I am is certainly not the kind who would normally lower himself to having an argument with an opinionated, self-obsessed twat in a post which is deserving only of relocation to the Wasteland.

P.S. You smell :finger:

Hey. This is my first post on here.

I'll explan about myself quickly before I ask what i would like to know.

I'm in my second year at college and along with the swarms of others' date=' I'm looking at universities. What I'm looking at as my first choice is Aberdeen, it offers a great course.

However, sad as I am, I need to know about the music scene up there in good ol' Aberdeen. I live in north east england, and it's guna be quite a trek for me to go up north, and I quite simply need to have music.

so.

we finally get to it.

What type of music do you have up there? Do you have rock nights? rock clubs/pubs? I ask because I know nothing I'm afraid. Where I live we have a rather good Indie/punk/rock-in-general scene and I hate to give it up but Aberdeen is too far to return home for the weekends.

anything you can tell me about your music scene would be great.

Cheers[/quote']

Well....

I hope you don't judge us by this thread.

man has a point

Hehe, got a bit carried away with the "little brat" theme...

Seriously though, I've been reading through a lot of the things that rune has posted on these boards and I can't believe how egocentric he is. It makes good reading - do a search for his posts and then sit back and enjoy as he contradicts so many of his own points and delves ever further into self-righteousness :up:

His ability to hijack a normal thread and turn it into his own propaganda is unparalleled.

Yep' date=' that's true. Because your real point is what exactly? "[i']I don't like *insert genre/band name* here so I'm going to whine about it like a pissy little child... wah wah waaaaaaaaaah"

And the kind of person I am is certainly not the kind who would normally lower himself to having an argument with an opinionated, self-obsessed twat in a post which is deserving only of relocation to the Wasteland.

P.S. You smell :finger:

You must have a real low iq level. My point is that im sick of bandwagon bands churning out the same crap which does nothing to enhance the music scene, alot of these musicians and cant perform, they are an insult to real musicians.

So tell me whats new in copying a style that has been done to death?

I'm sick and tired of record companies flooding the market with bands that sound the same. You have a real nerve since you're sound does exactly that. Its totally unoriginal.

Opinionated? So what i say what i feel, it's not a crime. Maybe for someone as ignorant and stupid as you it is tho. You still haven't argued my points in a constructive manner, think that says it all