aberdeen-music

Guitars

Laxton's Superb

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh...

Is it worth sticking better pick-ups in a second hand guitar you're so-so about. I'm happy with the action and weight of my Ibanez' date=' but it sounds like a dying bee in a tin-cup. Are new pick-ups easyish to install? Any recommendations?[/quote']

I got a Kent Armstrong pickup for my Jackson for less than 40, I'll let you know if it's any good one I've got it installed (Few weeks).

As for guitars, I've got a Jackson JJ-4 Scott Ian model and a brand spanking new Schecter Blackjack 006 that I just bought last week.

Guest DustyDeviada

Wasn't there a thread like this not long ago called "Equipment"?

Anyhoo, here's my collection:

2003 Gibson J-45

2004 Gibson Les Paul Standard

1988 Fender US Telecaster (Made in US ;))

2003 Fender Mark Knopfler Stratocaster

1999 Gretsch 6119 Tennessee Rose

who'd you speak to in millers?

im not sure, there was a shortish man with dark hair, cant have been older than 30 and there was a young guy again with dark hair, he was pretty tall and apparently he was the man too speak to about basses.

I got a Kent Armstrong pickup for my Jackson for less than 40' date=' I'll let you know if it's any good one I've got it installed (Few weeks).

As for guitars, I've got a Jackson JJ-4 Scott Ian model and a brand spanking new Schecter Blackjack 006 that I just bought last week.[/quote']

I'm going to be forced to mug you for that blackjack 006... or maybe i'll just buy the c1 elite one day :p

Guest Cowboy Dan
is it good? i was kinda in a hurry aswell so i never tried it out.

What! That's horrible! How can you buy a guitar without even playing it!??! i'm disgusted!

on that note how much roughly will it cost to get a spilt humbucker fitted' date=' you know the ones i mean, i hope.[/quote']

Jesus christ, why do you even want to change the pick ups when you haven't even played the guitar therefore have no clue what it sounds like just now, and probably no clue what difference the changing of the pick ups will make!

Guitars

Gibson Les Paul Deluxe (1999)

Gibson Les Paul Deluxe (1974 I think)

Epiphone Les Paul Classic

Fender Stratocaster (late 70's)

Yamaha Pacifica 12 string

Squire Strat

Tele copy

Turner Acoustic guitar

Basses

Fender Precision (from the 80's I think)

Squire Precision (its an early one)

Squire Precision (newer one)

Jazz Bass copy

Yamaha Fretless

Vintage natural wood active bass (no idea of model)

Holy fuck dude' date=' Ingram is my Uncle! That's weird, Tav just told me someone was saying they were related to me! :up:[/quote']

Well, if you're not Ross, then you must be from Lauren's mum's side??

If you ARE Ross, then Casios must run in the genes!!!!

I'm still not giving you a family huggie in Drakes! :nono: (unless no-one's looking :laughing: )

Am i the only person in Aberdeen that plays a Peavey guitar? I've been using my V-Type for a good three years now and only a few months ago did i *really* realise how much i loved it. I think the next time a fair amount of cash comes my way i'll be purchasing another V-Type but with a string-through body as opposed to the Floyd Rose trem. The shape of the body's also pretty nifty...

00463560.jpg

The jagged edges and flat bottom not only look cool - but mean that it's much safer to lean against walls, chairs and all that jazz - so it's also a practical axe. 'Tune-o-matic' bridge and a six in line reverse headstock are also good touches.

My other guitar is my first ever guitar, a Squire Strat, it's been almost completely re-done. Pretty cool, but doesn't have a patch on the ol' peavey.

What! That's horrible! How can you buy a guitar without even playing it!??! i'm disgusted!

Jesus christ' date=' why do you even want to change the pick ups when you haven't even played the guitar therefore have no clue what it sounds like just now, and probably no clue what difference the changing of the pick ups will make![/quote']

its a copy of a precison, gees, they're hardly going to sound much different are they. i want a humbucker on so i can get a clearer sound ok, it'll just be that bit more bassy. and i got my squire without playing, actually without knowing id got it, mothers fault.

Guest Cowboy Dan
its a copy of a precison' date=' gees, they're hardly going to sound much different are they. i want a humbucker on so i can get a clearer sound ok, it'll just be that bit more bassy. and i got my squire without playing, actually without knowing id got it, mothers fault.[/quote']

My god, get a clue

you guys all have better gear than me. After several years playing' date=' im STILL stuck with my Yamaha Pacifica. Great guitar i might add, but it just doesnt cut the mustard anymore.

But ive got my eye on those 50th anniversary re-issue strats :thumb:[/quote']

My first guitar was a Yamaha Pacifica 112, which was a pretty solid guitar for it's price. I miss it at times (although not that much, beacuse my girlfriend has it)