aberdeen-music

So... Sugarcult

Guest Bob

I fairly enjoyed myself last night. Like Bob said, a couple of times I was like "woah, it's them, in Moshulu, rock!" I thought Point played really well, the crowd seemed to think so anyway. The banter wasn't good enough though! :p I wasn't that keen on Communique... not really my thing. Sugarcult were ace, really enjoyable to watch. Highlights included Crying, Pretty Girl, She's The Blade and Daddy's Little Defect. I did also want to hear How Does It Feel... boo! Hopefully they'll be back over with Green Day in Glasgow. More enjoyable than Good Charlotte anyhow.

And, yeah, thank you Ross for booking the show... I'm thinking it was a success! I spotted people live in Dundee and roundabout. BUT WHERE ARE THE MAJORITY OF THOSE PEOPLE AT OTHER GIGS, EH?!?!

Keesher... fine job you did. I almost wet my pants when 99 Red Balloons came on. :up:

I took a bunch of pics, here's a few better ones.

DSCN0240.jpg

DSCN0244.jpg

DSCN0254.jpg

DSCN0274.jpg

DSCN0278.jpg

There are more but too many people throwing the devil's horns.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it cool to like sugarcult again?

His vocals seemed a bit off in someparts

It was weird seeing them play in aberdeen, kinda cool though, it felt way more relaxed, I didn't feel I had to make the most of it and try and see their every move and listen to every song, which was a really good feeling. I stood on a chair and got a pefect view, people i took with me who had enver heard of them before thought they were great!

Glad everyone had a good time

Did he not fuck up his throat not long ago which almost forced them to split?

That's probably why he doesn't do lots of screaming.

I thought the sound was a bit shitty for the first couple of songs' date=' but was nae bad after that. I enjoyed the gig.[/quote']

Well I s'pose that bit's more squealy than screamy but yeah I vaguely remember them pulling dates thanks to the dude having throat problems. Might be confusing bands though...

Did he not fuck up his throat not long ago which almost forced them to split?

That's probably why he doesn't do lots of screaming.

I thought the sound was a bit shitty for the first couple of songs' date=' but was nae bad after that. I enjoyed the gig.[/quote']

Touring Sound Engineer.

He was going to be doing sound for Green Day on the tour after the current Sugarcult tour.