aberdeen-music

So... Sugarcult

Guest Bob

Their debut sold a half million copies, within the past 3 years they've played 400 shows across 4 continents, and on OCTOBER the 5TH they come to ABERDEEN, MOSHULU.

AND POINT OF ORIGIN ARE OPENING!

Yeah, that's right, be there early because Point of Origin are opening for one of the biggest underground success stories of this year and last.

Sugarcult.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got word of the Jackson thing late yesterday and also that the Holiday Plan gig is to be a 3 band bill.

Thus I had to pull POO from the Holiday Plan and seen as Bob asked if there was any possibility of a support for Sugarcult about 10 minutes after it was confirmed then I thought i`d give them the honours.

If you don't ask for the cool supports then you generally won't be given them.

Only POO / MMW and Allergo have been asking for specific supports...... Oh and now Evacuating Heaven who have been added to the Johnny Truant support.

www.moshulu.net for up and coming gigs and supports..... etc

Yeah i really can't wait to see PoO play this one.

I think the Sugarcult gig is going to be one of those events that everyone should come along and see - a brilliant headline act and great touring support with your very own Point of Origin opening the night.

There's just not many gigs like this.

sounds good' date=' i hope tickets don't sell out too fast.[/quote']

Just get in there fast! This is the kind of event that gathers an interest outside of your regular gig-going Aberdeen crowd. I've been making phone-calls this weekend and the enthusiasm I'm receiving from people is staggering.

I've got a date with a pretty hot chick to go see the Edinburgh gig.

I bought the first Sugarcult album by mistake in Santa Barbara, California a few years ago, before it came out over here. I was listening to the cd in a music shop, and thought it was cool, so bought it. However the cd I bought wasn't the same as the one I was listening to.

I'd been listening to Thursday's Full Collapse album, but they'd put the demo cd of that in the sugarcult slot on their headphone thing. So I burned a copy of sugarcult, took it back and got the Thursday album.

My friend was at uni there, and said that Sugarcult used to play all the house parties along Del Playa drive which is where the frat houses are. Supposedly that's where Incubus started playing as well.

Craig

They`re actually a lot better than people give them credit for.

Next album will be big I reckon.... Although that means that a return to Aberdeen will be unlikely.

It`ll be SECC dates and all coupled with the usual.. I can't believe I paid 25 to see them in the enormadome that is the SECC when they played Moshulu a year and a half ago and it was only 8 from Point Of Origin and The Bassment, 9 from One Up or 10 on the door.

Sugarcult werent where they are today if MARK HOPPUS wouldnt have helped them.

Besides' date=' the real highlight is Straylight Run :rolleyes:[/quote']

Yeah, because succesful people never have any help from anyone! Maybe Mark Hoppus helped them like you say, maybe he didn't - maybe 100 other people helped them. What the fuck difference does it make? If they are where they are today because of other people working for them and helping them, that speaks volumes for the band they are.

You don't help people you think aren't worth the time. End of story.

As for Straylight Run, they're good and I'm well looking forward to them, but Sugarcult are awesome.

Guest Cowboy Dan

The Bouncing off the Walls Again song was pretty catchy (if that was them or maybe it was something corporate, I remember a lot of similar bands begining with S coming out at the same time) but I doubt i'll go.

For the true meaning of this post send a SAE to zimbabwe.

• 2 weeks later...