aberdeen-music

Cool Thinkers Cool Thoughts & Local News Thread

Guest Cool Thinker

Guest Cool Thinker
Did you say jane norman was closing doon? 'cause they're hiring folk...

The place is for sale so those jobs must be temp. Curry's Digital took years to sell so I wonder how long this one will take. Summery - once someone buys them they are out of there leaving everyone who was hired buy them out of a job. Could be tommorow, next week, next year but eventually it will happen.

• Upvote 1

Guest Cool Thinker
And the 15 now goes from Airyhall to the Beach! What's that all about, huh?

For people who do not know here is the bus services.

Service 1 Danestone to Garthdee & RGU (Every 15 Minutes)

Service 2 Ashwood to Auchinyell (Every 15 Minutes)

Service 3 Mastrick to Cove (Every 10 Minutes)

Service 4 Dubford to ARI (Hourly) - No service on Sundays.

Service 5 Cragiebuckler to Balnagask (Every 30 Minutes) - No evening service. On Sundays it goes via Airyhall.

Service 11 Northfield to Woodend/Kingswells (Every 15 Minutes) - All buses go to Woodend every second bus goes to Kingswells.

Service 12 Heathryfold to Torry (Every 12 Minutes)

Service 13 Seaton to Scatterburn (Every 20 Minutes)

Service 15 Airyhall to Beach (Every 30 Minutes - No evening service. On sundays it terminates short at holburn junction.

Service 17 Newhills to Faulds Gate (Every 15 Minutes)

Service 17A Dyce to Faulds Gate (Every 30 Minutes) - Evenings and Sundays only.

Service 18 Dyce to Redmoss/Altens (Every 15 Minutes) - Monday to Saturday daytime only. No Sunday service.

Service 19 Tillydrone to Culter (Every 12 Minutes)

Service 20 Hillhead to City Centre (Every 20 Minutes)

Service 23 Heathryfold to Sheddocksley (Every 10 Minutes)

Service 27 Airport to City Centre (Various Times) - For when the 727 is too full.

Service 40 Dubford to ARI (Every 20 Minutes) - No Sunday service.

Service 41 Kingswells P&R to ARI (Every 30 Minutes) - No Evening or Saturday or Sunday service.

Map - http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/aberdeen/assets/pdfs/maps/Aberdeen_Network_Map.pdf

Guest Cool Thinker
Does it go via hazlehead?!

The 11 goes to the hazlehead area now, If you mean actually inside the park then no buses serve that and no buses have served there since 2007.

Guest Cool Thinker
I need a bus fae beach to hazlehead. Make it happen. x

To get from the beach to hazlehead you would need to catch the 15 to Union Street and then either catch the 11 (Every 15 Minutes) or the X17 (Every 12 Minutes).

Please note that if you choose the X17 it will be a Stagecoach bus also the X17 will be getting its fleet upgraded from 29th October 2012 and will also be every 10 minutes again from 29th October 2012.

Guest Cool Thinker
x17 is a stagecoach going to hazelhead?

you've made my dreams come true!

Yeah, but it does not go to the beach you need to go to Union Street or the bus station to catch it.

Guest Cool Thinker

The Clinton Cards upstairs in was closed today with people with sledgehammers smashing the place up not sure if it has closed down or it is getting revamped as it was the downstairs one that was for sale.

Card Factory in St Nicholas Centre has now opened selling cards for 29p.

The place is for sale so those jobs must be temp. Curry's Digital took years to sell so I wonder how long this one will take. Summery - once someone buys them they are out of there leaving everyone who was hired buy them out of a job. Could be tommorow, next week, next year but eventually it will happen.

Just because the building is being sold doesn't mean the tenant is moving on. It could be sold as an investment which is more likely.

Guest Cool Thinker
Just because the building is being sold doesn't mean the tenant is moving on. It could be sold as an investment which is more likely.

They are in the St Nicholas Centre and the unit is up for let.

Guest Cool Thinker

There has been more changes confirmed for Stagecoach

From 29th October 2012

New 7B varient will work with 7A evening and Sunday to create a every 15 minute frequency from Aberdeen to Stonehaven evening and Sundays.

The short working X7's will be renumbered X6.

There will no be a 10B variant of the 10.

Service 305/325 will be renumbered 35/35A.

Service 307 will be renumbered 37/37A and will be increased to every 15 minutes combined with 37A serving ARI instead of Berryden.

Service 315 will be renumbered 35B.

Services 260,261,263,N60,X60 will be renumbered 60,61,63,N60,X60.

Service 262 will be renumbered 62.

Service 267,268,X67,X68 will be renumbered 67,68,X67,X68.

The night bus 937 to Inverurie will be renumbered N37.

X17 will be increased in frequency to every 10 minutes.

Services 40,218 and 422 will be withdrawn.

Guest Cool Thinker
Where would I be without you, Cool Thinker.

Also, none of the bus stops have the new numbers on them yet. That kind of blows. But at the same time I'm pissed off the 15 is Salmon and not pale blue as it was on the new route map. Grr.

Some of the ones in city centre have been changed but the ones out of city centre will take 10 years. Also just wait until you see the new branding on the buses I don't like the my local colour "pink" it was good to get rid of "salmon" though.