aberdeen-music

The Dark Knight Rises (***WARNING SPOILERS***)

Lemonade

So I think it's a big enough event that it deserves it's own thread and I figure it's better to discuss it in a thread with a clear spoiler warning than having to spoiler tag everything in the Last Film You Watched thread.

So what's the verdict? Did it live up to the hype? I thought it was ace, not Dark Knight ace, but still a really good film in it's own right. I would have liked to have seen a bit more development of Catwoman, she was little more than a two-bit thief and largely a secondary character, and while Bane was a good baddie he was no Joker. I didn't see Talia Al-Ghul coming, and I didn't know JGL was going to end up as Robin so it was nice that none of the million or so posts about it on Facebook spoiled it for me. Didn't really get why Scarecrow was presiding over a court though?

For a superhero flick it didn't really feel that superhero-y, which was kinda cool.

Not long back from seeing it, thought it lived up to expectations and then some.

Pretty much agree with everything Lucky has said, thought the lack of depth in Catwoman lends itself to a spin-off more than an oversight by Nolan IMO.

Scarecrow also made an appearance in TDK did he not aswell?, seems to be a recurring cameo just for shits and giggles and a possible return?.

I thought the way everything finished up at the end was great, I only hope that they don't chose to re-boot the series and that someone carries on the franchise, its too good to change it up, nowhere near stale yet.

I thought it was great. Although, I wasn't a fan of the happy families ending it had. As much as I'm glad it made Alfred happy (that's the saddest thing in all 3 films, alfred crying over the graves) but it would have been a much darker ending if Batman had died, albiet sacrificing would have been cliched. So even as I write this I'm changing my mind.

Really well made though, and I didn't see the Talia Al-Ghul thing coming either, although I should have, as I just beat Ra's in Arkham City.

I thought it was bloody brilliant. It was never going to beat TDK, but it has finished off what will be regarded as one of the best trilogies OF OUR TIME. I had a few qualms, but the spectacle of the whole thing made them irrelevant.

My main qualms were: the ending. When you think Batman/Bruce had died, I didn't think there was any way they would have him come back. I was a bit disappointed when they had that final scene in Florence. Which brings me to my other main qualm, being the Selina Kyle/Bruce Wayne romance. I thought it was maybe a bit unnecessary?

Anyway, I don't know why I'm focusing on the negatives; it was fucking great, weren't it? As soon as they brought in the Bane being Ras al Ghul's son, I thought Talia might come into it somehow, however I (somehow) didn't guess it would be her!

The acting was all exceptional as well. Hardy's Bane was genuinely frightening, despite the fact you can't see most of his face. He is just fucking massive and such an imposing figure. The bit where he defeats Batman, although we all knew it was coming, was brilliant. Michael Caine was ace and his relationship with Bruce was really, really well done. Gary Oldman and JGL were both pretty badass. Anne Hathaway was perfect and I am completely and utterly in love with her.

Aye, 'twas a bit good.

I thought the ending was great. I actually thought it sagged a little bit in the middle, but the ending totally made up for it. Ya know, I didn't realise that was Selina he was sitting with at the end until I got home and read the plot on Wikipedia :oops:

Anyone see a Robin movie happening in the future?

Anne Hathaway, Tom Hardy and Michael Caine made this film great IMO. Great performances from each of them. If I need to nitpick, whole Batman/Catwoman kiss scene was unnecessary but really affect the film at all. I hope the Batman franchise is left alone now as any attempt by someone other than Nolan (who probably knows if he made another one it would be below par) will be mediocre. Loved the subtle Nightwing reference when Blake entered the Batcave with the glowsticks.

Anne Hathaway, Tom Hardy and Michael Caine made this film great IMO. Great performances from each of them. If I need to nitpick, whole Batman/Catwoman kiss scene was unnecessary but really affect the film at all. I hope the Batman franchise is left alone now as any attempt by someone other than Nolan (who probably knows if he made another one it would be below par) will be mediocre. Loved the subtle Nightwing reference when Blake entered the Batcave with the glowsticks.

I must have missed that. What was it?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1877830/

oh my. I'm sure I saw somewhere Nolan is producer on this...

A robin sequel would be good, but then again, would you want Alfred in it even though his real story arc has finished? Would you need to bring in Batgirl to give him a good story (caring about his family and then bringing the audience to tears), it would be unnecessary.

Honestly I thought it was rubbish ...

Michael Caines hammy acting was awful...

Bane had a poor squeeking sort of voice that wasn't in any way menacing ...

The whole thing was too cliched and predictable...

I fully appreciate why some people would think it was shit, but you can't fault Michael Caine's performance! Yes, it is your opinion, but you are still just wrong.

Honestly I thought it was rubbish ...

Michael Caines hammy acting was awful...

Bane had a poor squeeking sort of voice that wasn't in any way menacing ...

The whole thing was too cliched and predictable...

I found Bane's voice a little weird to begin with but once I got used to it I thought it really suited him.

• Upvote 1

I liked Bane's voice, and did think it was quite menacing at times.

As an acting performance by Hardy, I don't think anyone was going to be better than Ledger's performance but he was still pretty good. I thought the bit at the end where JGL says 'use my real name, Robin' was a bit corny and uneccesary - it was fairly obvious from the part where he said that he knew Wayne was Batman that Blake was going to be Robin.

Like the fact that Nolan has left the door wide open for another episode but I don't see it happening for a long time, if at all.

It was nice at the end where Alfred got his 'happily ever after'.

I rate it better than Batman Begins but not as good as The Dark Knight (mainly because Ledger as Joker is the best acting performance I've ever seen, in my opinion)

I fully appreciate why some people would think it was shit, but you can't fault Michael Caine's performance! Yes, it is your opinion, but you are still just wrong.

Nah I'm correct and you're wrong ! Caine is well quoted of often doing movies that have no artictic merit he only does them for the money... An honest thing for him to say, and in this case he was obviously doing it for the money. :p

There's a difference between fanboying over a caped crusader and a hot jewel thief and a sparkly willy woofter.

Still, anyone who books tickets weeks in advance to see a film every day is bordering on deranged and sad IMO, regardless of what they're obsessing over. Apparently Rotten Tomatoes had to take the user reviews section offline as people were writing death threats to folk who gave it a negative review. And look at the IMDB reviews:

"Beautiful. Immense. Spectacular. Perfect."

It's currently got 9.2/10, which makes it the highest rated film of all time. Seriously??