aberdeen-music

Bruce Millers Bag

Spoonie

I went to my local convenience store a few weeks back to buy some milk. The shopkeeper offered me a bag to carry my purchase, which I accepted adn noticed that it was a Bruce Millers carrier bag. I was like 'eh?' and looked behind his counter and he had a whole pile of them!

*ring ring" Hello...oh hey bro....thanks, I thought it was a cool story too.

Presto wasn't just a Peterhead thing you know...

What about Norco? was that before or after Presto?

I think Presto became Safeway. The one in the Broch did anyway. Then it was Somerfield.

The Fine Fare in the Broch became Gateway, then Somerfield, then a Co-op. I worked there when it was Somerfield. Before that I worked in the Co-op. That's now a Factory Store.

Fraserburgh also has Scotland's only remaining stand-alone Wimpy.

So many cool stories!

EDIT - The Presto > Safeway > Somerfield later becames Haldanes. I don't know what it is now.

• Upvote 1

What's the supermarket on Union street just up from the Music Hall called now? I think it's been everything, it was a Safeway, and it was definitely a Presto for a while before that, and before that it was Templetons. A pal of mine was working the tills in Templetons on the day that some bloke came out of the Star & Garter and torched himself with petrol. Apparently the smell of burning flesh came right over Union Street and customers and staff were puking up all over the shop.

To get this thread back on topic, I have no idea what their bags looked like.

What's the supermarket on Union street just up from the Music Hall called now? I think it's been everything, it was a Safeway, and it was definitely a Presto for a while before that, and before that it was Templetons. A pal of mine was working the tills in Templetons on the day that some bloke came out of the Star & Garter and torched himself with petrol. Apparently the smell of burning flesh came right over Union Street and customers and staff were puking up all over the shop.

To get this thread back on topic, I have no idea what their bags looked like.

Was that one not the WM Low that caused the Typhoid outbreak in the 60s?