aberdeen-music

Hardcore/Metal(ish) band wanted

Jaaakkkeee

And Flights - Yes. I would. Because pop punk has also changed. Modern day pop punk is ruled by bands like Hit The Lights and ADTR. Music progresses through genres.

No, It's just "start today".

And your theory is bullshit.

There is absolutely no element of 'pop' in the music you described. You could say it till your blue in the face but I will never accept that as pop punk. Those bands are pish metal. End of.

Why is my theory bullshit?

I'm not that bothered, I just don't' think it's right for people to slate a genre of music when they know absolutely nothing about it.

And yeah - to me pop punk will always be the 90's.

It's got beat downs and all that stuff in it now. Not that that's a bad thing, it's just changed.

Listen to ADTR's last record and tell me that's not pop punk?

It's a great record, but it's a far cry from what they used to be in terms of genre. And actually, I like their mellow sound more than when they were heavier.

And Panda - I actually couldn't see any on the listings, unless you count Oath Of kings? Which I hope you don't.

Can we not just get back on topic? Point is that JakeBassist and CaliGeez are planning to be in a band together, naked.

The really really scary thing is, Jake would actually be naked by the end of their first practise. Although there are few people who can do a beat down on the low E string quite like Jake can.

I think people are missing the fact that music evolves? No? pop punk has moved from playing tinny guitars and singing about having a wank to playing bass heavy songs that might feature a chug, or a scream, but have that fast drums and simple chords and pop vocals that make it pop punk.

Hardcore has moved from fast played chords, bad recordings and quite frankly, strange vocals, to something far more heavy, but with the hardcore roots still intact.

And even in other genres outside of rock. In the past 3 years, dubstep has went from laid back, low bass, reggae and 2step influenced songs to absolute noise with everything inthe mid section peaking like fuck.

Also, who said hit the lights are metal? What a glorious load of shitbag.

The really really scary thing is, Jake would actually be naked by the end of their first practise. Although there are few people who can do a beat down on the low E string quite like Jake can.

I wouldn't be naked. Only time i ever took trousers off was because it was far too hot. the week after i brought shorts.

I think people are missing the fact that music evolves? No? pop punk has moved from playing tinny guitars and singing about having a wank to playing bass heavy songs that might feature a chug, or a scream, but have that fast drums and simple chords and pop vocals that make it pop punk.

Hardcore has moved from fast played chords, bad recordings and quite frankly, strange vocals, to something far more heavy, but with the hardcore roots still intact.

And even in other genres outside of rock. In the past 3 years, dubstep has went from laid back, low bass, reggae and 2step influenced songs to absolute noise with everything inthe mid section peaking like fuck.

Also, who said hit the lights are metal? What a glorious load of shitbag.

Especially this guy. What an absolute heap of pish. Even by Jake standards.

• Upvote 3

haha aye. i'm only pulling your leg. I look forward to hearing what you guys come up with. I liked what we wrote before, but i wasn't passionate about it. It's all about passion and energy and giving it everything IMO.

There are no hard feelings, nae passion=nae commitment=nae point, so its all good. There wouldnt have been room in my living room for you to jump about with a bass anyway ;)

• Upvote 1