aberdeen-music

twitter is for twats, right?

maud 'dib

Diane Abbot. Racist? Twitter, actual news? REALLY?

Yes, when an MP makes what could be conceived as a racist comment, considering her constituency was involved in the London riots last year, I would say that's newsworthy.

Twitter helped organise the Arab Spring, beat super-injunctions and helps people become influential and important out of nowhere. So, y'know. Not exclusively for twats.

Yes, when an MP makes what could be conceived as a racist comment, considering her constituency was involved in the London riots last year, I would say that's newsworthy.

Twitter helped organise the Arab Spring, beat super-injunctions and helps people become influential and important out of nowhere. So, y'know. Not exclusively for twats.

I agree with all of that, apart from the "influential out of nowhere" but, like who?

I've never understood how a comment on the internet could make headlines.

Exactly, maybe I'm old fashioned- but I always think of the internet as a kind of buffer- user names etc, kind of like chatting down the ale house: which is not the kind of thing that scans well if reported word for word.....but, things change.

I like Diane Abbot- she's good on this week on the BBC- but she's an old School lefty,andf a bit thick/earnest- I'm trying to imagine if Micheal Portillo made a similar comment about "Blacks" or even, heaven forbid "Coloured's"- worse than top gear's J.C.

It's a funny old world.

I found out on Twitter today that the Beeb are getting rid of Something For The Weekend. Cunts. I love chilling on a Sunday morning watching that.

Stopped watching that when Louise Redknapp joined. It's painful to watch someone that bad at being a functioning human being.