aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Totally, i know that challenge was pretty bad but, fuck me, is that Fyvie boy made of glass. He'll need to toughen up a whole fuckload if he's every going to play in a more competative league that the SPL.

Twaddle. I don't care how hard you are, that tackle is going to do some damage. His only other notable injury was a brutal knee twist on a plastic pitch that fucked his cruciate. ##

He's hardly got a case of the "Andertons".

Totally, i know that challenge was pretty bad but, fuck me, is that Fyvie boy made of glass. He'll need to toughen up a whole fuckload if he's every going to play in a more competative league that the SPL.

How is he made of glass? Shocking tackle

Guest Gladstone
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17334504

I think it's a strange demand that a ref should give a free kick for nothing because he made a mistake. No? If he thought he was wrong then why not just reverse the decision and award a goal kick?

Anyway, get it right up ye! Semis here we come :)

I heard McCall ranting about this on the radio after the match. It was fucking cringeworthy. I can sort of see where he's coming from in that there are nothing challenges given as free-kicks all the time at set pieces, but surely coming out and openly saying that referees make wrong decisions on purpose on a regular basis and greeting because the referee didn't do it in this instance is ridiculous. I haven't seen the goal yet, but I'm guessing that had there been any jossling in the box, the ref might have given a free-kick Motherwell's way, but I'm guessing there wasn't any jossling? Just a ball popped into the box and Fallon being a big tall cunt got his napper on it and scored?

Where the hell are the BBC website highlights of the match?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17334504

I think it's a strange demand that a ref should give a free kick for nothing because he made a mistake. No? If he thought he was wrong then why not just reverse the decision and award a goal kick?

Absolutely. Why should he expect the ref to fix one mistake by awarding a free kick for a non-existent foul when the corner is taken? Instead Motherwell should have just concentrated on defending the corner. Despite that it wasn't that one mistake which cost them the game, if they'd scored their penalty I imagine it probably would have been them going through instead of us.

Guest Gladstone
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17334542

Brave statement to make on the heels of the Swansea result that the EPL will be decided in the Manc derby. Could end looking a bit dumb if Money City have a couple more slip ups in the run-in.

I saw that headline but didn't read the article. What if City win their next couple of games and Utd lose theirs? But then Utd beat City?

Stupid statement really.

I've been saying all along that I think Utd will win the league simply because they know how to. City don't know how to win league titles and will struggle to get over the line in my opinion.

Citehs run in is a lot more difficult as well Arsenal and Chelsea both still to play. With the experience on manyoos side I'd expect them to win the league.

Mancini should keep his job though, I think he's done enough to show he can lead his team he just needs to be a bit more attacking at times. The Citeh owners dont seem as rash as Roman at Cheslki anyway.

That said if Fergie had the squad Mancini has they would have walked the league IMO (Mourinho as well).

Once City got to the point of most people expecting them to win the league this season they seemed to return to the cautious style of last season which is a shame. They were great to watch during the first few months of the season. I was more than happy for them to win the league while they were playing that way.

Did you hear Glen Johnson saying that Pat Evra "stayed up all night" thinking of a plot to make Suarez look bad by making it look like he was going to shake his hand, but really he didn't, but then blaming it on Suarez, even though Suarez himself has apologised for not shaking his hand? Liverpool players are going mental. I don't really care about the handshake, but Glen Johnson saying it was Evra who revoked his hand, even though Suarez has said himself he decided not to shake his hand, it utterly, utterly unfathomable.

Anfield is all a bit One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest at the moment. Every last one of them is just mental as fuck.

Did you hear Glen Johnson saying that Pat Evra "stayed up all night" thinking of a plot to make Suarez look bad by making it look like he was going to shake his hand, but really he didn't, but then blaming it on Suarez, even though Suarez himself has apologised for not shaking his hand? Liverpool players are going mental. I don't really care about the handshake, but Glen Johnson saying it was Evra who revoked his hand, even though Suarez has said himself he decided not to shake his hand, it utterly, utterly unfathomable.

Anfield is all a bit One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest at the moment. Every last one of them is just mental as fuck.

Did he not also say something like "I dont believe Suarez said anything anyway" despite Suarez admitting he said what he did.......

Guest Gladstone

Glen Johnson is clearly racist as fuck.

EDIT: When I was a kid I "supported" Liverpool purely because my Dad and my older brother did (and still do). I stopped when Souness took over because I didn't want to support a team with such a big hun in charge which is pretty childish but I was only young. I then "supported" Blackburn because Kenny Dalglish took charge, and then I lost interest a couple of years later and stopped supporting any English teams.

I'm really glad I did because I fucking hate Liverpool now after the antics of this season and I can't believe I ever supported a team because of Kenny Dalglish - what a complete idiot he has been this season.

My brother is a bit of a casual racist at the best of times, but some of the shite he has came out with in the defence of Suarez recently is utterly ridiculous. I said something about Suarez's behaviour the other day and my brother went off on a massive long speel about why not shaking Evra's hand was understandable. Shockingly enough, by Suarez's "behaviour" I wasn't just talking about not shaking Evra's hand - that's probably the least shocking thing he's done/said in this whole fiasco. He even compared Rio Ferdinand not shaking John Terry's hand to Suarez. Hmm - not quite the same thing.

I'm not really sure where I'm going with this, but I think I'm trying to say that Liverpool fans are totally blinded by how fucking badly the club has handled the whole fiasco and seem to be following Dalglish's lead in the mental stakes.

/coolstoryracistbro

Some bod was spouting stats on talksport today and Dalglish's record is no better than Roy Hodgson's! Yet the 'King' has spent 100 million quid! But he did win the Carling Cup on penalties against a Championship side :)

Yeah Kenny's last 40 games are worse than Hodgsons total games. It's ok according to their mental fans though because NOW they are "a team in transition". A £100+ million transition!

Also, if you like football, you should watch this:

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/boca-juniors-4-independiente-5/

Boca vs Independiente. 3rd biggest derby in Argentinian football. Independiente are winning 3-1. Boca pull back to 4-3 by the 90th minute. 5 minutes of stoppage time and Independiente score 2 and win 5-4.

South American football is just mental. Been watching loads of the highlights of Brazillian and Argie club football the past few weeks. It's just ridiculous. Total gung-ho. Crap defending. Goals galore. Every game is played like how Chile tried to play in the World Cup. The all-round level isn't so good, but the pace of the game is incredible. End to end, constant counter attacking.

FOOTBALL!!