aberdeen-music

Theory test

JaseyBoi

Anyone done a car theory test lately...What did you make of it...did you find it benefial...who else thinks the quality of the videos in the hazard perception bit are absolutly shockingly shit....I found them far to fuzzy for noticing hazards far off in the distance like.....

How many times did you sit it before you passed.....And how hard did you have to study lol...

Guest Gladstone

It was about 6 years ago when I did mine. Passed it first time, but only just for the hazard perception bit. I think it's really false to be honest. You get penalised for clicking too early or clicking too much. I was just happy to get the stupid thing out of the way!!

Anyone done a car theory test lately...

Within the last 18 months.

What did you make of it...

Pretty straightforward. A lot of it is common sense.

did you find it benefial...

I'm not really sure if it's supposed to be beneficial. Regardless, you need to do it in order to legally drive.

who else thinks the quality of the videos in the hazard perception bit are absolutly shockingly shit....I found them far to fuzzy for noticing hazards far off in the distance like.....

Didn't have a problem with it at all.

How many times did you sit it before you passed.....

Once.

And how hard did you have to study lol...

Not very - like I say, it's mostly common sense.

The actual test footage will be much better I think - on a nice big screen too.

It is a pretty difficult 'technique' though, but once you work out when to click then it's fine.

Basically slow clicks for a hazard that has yet to develop and faster clicks during development as a general rule seemed to work for me. :)

The actual test footage will be much better I think - on a nice big screen too.

It is a pretty difficult 'technique' though, but once you work out when to click then it's fine.

Basically slow clicks for a hazard that has yet to develop and faster clicks during development as a general rule seemed to work for me. :)

I just clicked the whole way through a hazard. I wasn't a fan of that part it seemed far to ambiguous to be of any real practical use. I did mine about 6 years ago though, so it might be better now.

You can practice hazard perception while out driving. Just explain your drive, and any potential hazards on the road ahead to the nervous looking person in the passenger seat.

On the plus side, the actual hazard test is exactly the same as the mock ones on your computer, so once you've cracked that you're sorted.

This thread makes me feel glad I'm old enough to have missed all this :)

Ditto. I passed in 1997, there was no hazard test or any of that, and the theory test was in it's first year and so easy the only way you could fail is if you spent the hour drawing a cock on the page and not answering any questions. Genuine example from my theory test:

What is the correct cycle of the lights on a traffic light?

A) Green, Amber, Red > Red/Amber, Green.

B) Green, Amber, Green > Green, Red, Amber.

C) Green, Purple, Red > Red, Purple, White.

Passed first time. None of this crazy instant results though. It was done on paper and you had to sweat for a week waiting for a letter.

You dont ask you dont get....I want a brown star like you guys.....I want to be in the gang...

You get for being good. And if someone likes what you say.

Asking is just... It's like going up to a girl and saying "can you sex me now?" Even if she was going to in the first place this has significantly lowered your chances.

Sorry to hear that Nefarious C i failed first time aswell by 3 points and it was bloody annoying and frustrating...Cant believe its 32 everytime you want to take it..You would think you would get it slightly cheaper each time....

Good luck on your next attempt...And i bet ya pass it :p .

Surely it would be more expensive each time, as you're proving you're taking up space that someone who revised could be using?

And thanks for the commiserations, good luck to you as well