aberdeen-music

Moyles going for 51hrs!

Benji

Probably could have raised more money doing a sponsored silence.

Also it always bugs me how in these record attempts the person gets a 5 minute break every hour or something and they can often save up these breaks to get half an hour at a time or something.

It devalues the whole idea. Once you start you shouldn't be able to stop until you give in, not for anything.

The amount on the Radio 1 homepage, is that the amount raised for Comic Relief in total so far, or just raised by Chris Moyles' marathon radio thing?

If it's just Chris, then close to 1.15 million is pretty fucking good as much as I dislike him.

It's just him.

I like his show, I like him on it and I think he's done a great thing. Very impressive. Most popular radio show in Britain yet nobody seems to like him at all...hmmm...I love the thing he does with Roy Walker,carpark catchphrase.

It's just him.

I like his show, I like him on it and I think he's done a great thing. Very impressive. Most popular radio show in Britain yet nobody seems to like him at all...hmmm...I love the thing he does with Roy Walker,carpark catchphrase.

Yup, well done for using his status to raise heaps of money for a good cause.

But I still reckon he's an over payed, over weight, over opinionated blob. A blob that, for some reason, 8 million people choose to wake up with every morning. He Makes Chris Evans seem appealing. He's to radio broadcasting what The Sun is to journalism.

I could go on.

Each to their own though.

Yup, I couldn't give the slightest fuck.

Fuck sake, chill oot. I didn't mean any ill, I was just trying to stress the point that we are in agreement about his charity work. Your comment about fair play etc. seemed as if you'd missed the fact that I do appreciate his good deed, which perhaps you didn't. So, apologies for that.

Also, my apologies for being needlessly wordy. If you'd like to leave me a (short) list of acceptable adjectives for future reference, that would be cool.

Fuck sake, chill oot. I didn't mean any ill, I was just trying to stress the point that we are in agreement about his charity work. Your comment about fair play etc. seemed as if you'd missed the fact that I do appreciate his good deed, which perhaps you didn't. So, apologies for that.

Also, my apologies for being needlessly wordy. If you'd like to leave me a (short) list of acceptable adjectives for future reference, that would be cool.

Yr comment came across a bit smug. I guess it wasn't, maybe that's just the internet.

but he didn't raise the money. the 2.4 million raised didn't come from chris moyles and "comedy" dave's wallets, it came from their audience. just seems a bit annoying that they'll get all the credit for raising the money when it wasn't them.

let me pre-empt any responses by saying that it is a fantastic amount of money to raise. well done to everyone and anyone who donated any money.