aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Music One Night Stand

Rolling Crock

Good morning aberdeen-music!

Recently i was thinking about how fun it would be to put on an old school gig consisting of bands that are no longer playing (perhaps with the odd exception)

It's still in a very early stage and just now i'm just looking to create some sort of interest. I would love to hear from bands that are still connected and would like to be apart of it. It would also be great to hear from you guys.

I have created a facebook page which you can join here -

Login | Facebook

I'm not sure of posting links is breaking the rules so i apologise in advance.

Thinking a one off gig in the Summer would be great.

Popular bands mentioned so far (some with a good chance of forming for this if the interest is enough) Quik - Sirius - Liber8 - Black Atom - Deadloss Superstar.

Also i think it would be great to get the X-Certs on board.

Get invovlved folks!

All the best.

Crocker.

The X Certs and Deadloss still play don't they?

Perhaps man. I wouldn't know about deadloss. Iv'e been out the loop and out the country for the best part of two and a half years now. You'd know better than i do. I think Brian would be good to have on board as is still active in the moorings and i would definatley need some help promoting it. Yeh i take your point on the X-Certs but i was just thinking they would be a great headliner if it was pulled off.

As i said though. I'm brain-storming and trying to get people on board. Iv'e never put on a gig before.

I think it will only take off if people are truly interested in it. And as i said. I couldn't possibly do this on my own. I'm trying to get this together because i genuinley think it has the potential to be an awesome night. A night i think a lot of people would like to go to.

If anyone has any input atall it would be great to hear from you.

The link is above for the facebook page i created.

This sounded meaner than I meant it to. Sorry Crocker (friends with Joss, Holly, Michael etc...?)

That will be me.Have we met? Naaa didn't sound mean. I'm actually expecting a tirade of abuse on the idea somewhere down the line.

I used to post on these boards as 'Sludge' when i was younger. I dread to think of the nonsense i was pouring out back then.

That will be me.Have we met? Naaa didn't sound mean. I'm actually expecting a tirade of abuse on the idea somewhere down the line.

I used to post on these boards as 'Sludge' when i was younger. I dread to think of the nonsense i was pouring out back then.

Yeah! I'll DM so this thread stays relevant.

Can't see the Xcerts getting involved with a first time promoter or a lineup like like, maybe a Murray acoustic set or something but not full band.

I'd probably go see this though, would be good to hear bands that are oft-referenced but before my gig-going time. Good luck! :up:

Perhaps man. I wouldn't know about deadloss. Iv'e been out the loop and out the country for the best part of two and a half years now. You'd know better than i do. I think Brian would be good to have on board as is still active in the moorings and i would definatley need some help promoting it. Yeh i take your point on the X-Certs but i was just thinking they would be a great headliner if it was pulled off.

As i said though. I'm brain-storming and trying to get people on board. Iv'e never put on a gig before.

Deadloss are definitely still together, I play guitar for them. Either that or they've split up and just not told me.

Nae chance with Sirius I would say, Terry Cunt moved away years ago and AFAIK no-one's heard from him since.

Sound like a good gig though, I would definitely come. Get Subsistence :) Great band.

Can't see the Xcerts getting involved with a first time promoter or a lineup like like, maybe a Murray acoustic set or something but not full band.

I'd probably go see this though, would be good to hear bands that are oft-referenced but before my gig-going time. Good luck! :up:

Cheers man. Get involved :up:

Is anyone still in contact with the Hotmangu boys? I used to see Sandy all the time and bump into Fish and Corn a fair bit, but its been a while.

Sludge! That rings a bell.

It's the sort of idea that seems good but mostly doesn't come to fruition.

Like I said, sounds good to me though, if I was in Aberdeen at the time I'd go for the does of nostalgia.

I'd love this, would definitely be going and happy to pay a bit more to see some of the old bands like Hot Mangu and Black Atom. Christ, haven't seen Quik in years... I'm sure the last time I saw them they'd just been on the TV with that teachers programme, and as a result it was a bit busier than normal with flirty 14 year olds haha

Archives would be a blast. No idea what the status with them is. I'm just listening to them and would like to see them.

No status other than we were a Dundee band and nowt to do with this site

If we ever did another gig (and that's a huge "if") it almost certainly wouldn't be with a load of bands we never knew/played with....

Bonehouse has 3 of the guys and is reasonably similar

This is an interesting idea, and I've been following this with interest to see who bites!!

It would be so much work though - not just for the promoters, but the bands involved too! Many folk have moved away and moved on. Subsistence were mentioned, and as great as it would be to play another show, I certainly can't remember any of our songs having not played them in eight years!!! And James is the only one still living in Aberdeen. I imagine many of the bands of yesteryear would be in a similar position.

I can still remember how to play one of Liber8's songs though!!!!!!

This is an interesting idea, and I've been following this with interest to see who bites!!

It would be so much work though - not just for the promoters, but the bands involved too! Many folk have moved away and moved on. Subsistence were mentioned, and as great as it would be to play another show, I certainly can't remember any of our songs having not played them in eight years!!! And James is the only one still living in Aberdeen. I imagine many of the bands of yesteryear would be in a similar position.

I can still remember how to play one of Liber8's songs though!!!!!!

Spot on man. I think half the battle is even getting bands to want to do this,nevermind getting them together. But i will try and see how get on. I think most people agree that it's a good idea. However executing it will be difficult.