aberdeen-music

Late Night Channel 4

Oedo 808

Vids was fantastic man, I used to love that shit. I still use the phrase "Christ on a cornflake" way more than I should.

I never really got that into A&J when they were on telly, it wasn't until they were on radio.

I used to like Friday nights when they would show old Japanese monster movies in the 11o'clock slot straight after The Word. Saw some classics on there, and some not-so-classics as well.

Used to watch The Word religiously, some real iconic moments of telly on there despite it being pretty silly.

Under the Moon anyone?

Going further back, how about Nightime on Grampian in the 80s?

Clasics such as

Prosoner Cell Block H

Cinemattractions

Sledge Hammer

Hammer films and other films like Top Secret!

Viiiiids, Shiiits more like*.

I see that Stef from Vids knocking about Byres Road all the time, I'd harrass him, but he's well massive, if I saw the Welsh guy I'd definitely make up some 'more like' shit on the spot, easier than trying to imitate his digressive competition set-ups.

*Insert comical Welsh accent here.

I'm a massive fan of A&J as a result of watching their show when i was younger and them still delivering a high standard of laffz on the radio. The book is fantastic though dead expensive.

Anyone remember fourteen tv? Was pretty strange. Was a sketch show with some dark undertones - teletubbies esq spoof who lived with these people that ended up getting raped by these charachters.

Also, Headf**k, but that was on only for a couple of shows at most before dissapearing. Think it was on the sci fi channel properly - still to find anyone who remembers/saw this show.

Fortean TV wasn't a sketch show. It was just a tv version of the Fortean Times magazine, i.e. short snippets of suprnatural/weird phenomena. It was hosted by a biker reverend guy who I'm pretty sure has done nothing since. For some reason my parents have had a subscription to the fortean times ever snce i can remember, despite not having an interest in weird shit, so I remember the show very well and watched every episode.

Anyone remember fourteen tv? Was pretty strange. Was a sketch show with some dark undertones - teletubbies esq spoof who lived with these people that ended up getting raped by these charachters.

i remember seeing this somewhere and being weirded out by it. the creatures' triumphant exclamation of "sticky bum-bum!" still resonates in my ears today.

i remember seeing this somewhere and being weirded out by it. the creatures' triumphant exclamation of "sticky bum-bum!" still resonates in my ears today.

Yea, they were called the flailers? Disturbing.

Dunno where I got the title fourteen tv - poor memory I guess - though the show was called tv go home.

It also had thus amazing sketch about a retrospective a look at a tv show - inspector bumhat. He had a hat with a bum ontop and when he was solving a crime shit would come out. The sketch then interviewed people fondly remembering watching it. 'ah yes inspector bumhat'. Very clinical way about putting something massively funny. I hope someone else recalls so I don't appear insane with recollective delusion.

Yea, they were called the flailers? Disturbing.

Dunno where I got the title fourteen tv - poor memory I guess - though the show was called tv go home.

It also had thus amazing sketch about a retrospective a look at a tv show - inspector bumhat. He had a hat with a bum ontop and when he was solving a crime shit would come out. The sketch then interviewed people fondly remembering watching it. 'ah yes inspector bumhat'. Very clinical way about putting something massively funny. I hope someone else recalls so I don't appear insane with recollective delusion.

Courtesy of one Charlie Brooker...