aberdeen-music

Fender Telecaster Wanted

Diesel

I'm in france at the moment and the guitar is in aberdeen , I will not be back 'till the end of april but basically it is this :

Fender American Vintage 52 Telecaster - Butterscotch Blonde - Maple

Better picture :

Fender Products

it's in a very nice tweed case , yellow with a bright orange lining , has the dated fender certificate in it , ashtray for bridge ans fairly crap fender lead , all as new

I'm in france at the moment and the guitar is in aberdeen , I will not be back 'till the end of april but basically it is this :

Fender American Vintage 52 Telecaster - Butterscotch Blonde - Maple

Better picture :

Fender Products

it's in a very nice tweed case , yellow with a bright orange lining , has the dated fender certificate in it , ashtray for bridge ans fairly crap fender lead , all as new

Lovely guitar - just a bit out of my budget range at the moment :(

Surley worth trying to find the money! Much better buy than an American Standard at 500 or whatever.

If it's just for the occasional song and you don't want to spend a lot the Squier Vintage Vibe 50s Telecaster would be worth a look. I got one as a spare for my beloved American Deluxe Ash and it did a splendid job at a recent gig.

What sort of neck radius do you prefer? The 52 reissue is 7.25 and the Vintage Vibes are 9.5

If it's just for the occasional song and you don't want to spend a lot the Squier Vintage Vibe 50s Telecaster would be worth a look. I got one as a spare for my beloved American Deluxe Ash and it did a splendid job at a recent gig.

What sort of neck radius do you prefer? The 52 reissue is 7.25 and the Vintage Vibes are 9.5

Hi Mikey - thanks for the advice. Funnily enough, I was trying out amps in R&B a while back..

James (HateEvent) who works there handed me a Tele to try that played and sounded great - probably better than the USA Standard I had at the time. I was shocked to discover that it was a 139 Squier.

Usually, price reflects quality, but occasionally you uncover a wee gem :)

I played a Squier Classic Vibe Custom in a shop in Edinburgh a while back that was fantastic, much better than the US Standard I used to own.

The price of the Squires is creeping up too though, I was in R&B on Saturday and they had a Classic Vibe priced at 379, ouch!

Ouch indeed, oddly enough I bought mine from Strings Direct and it was only about 245 as I had a loyalty discount. I did put in some Vintage Noiseless pickups as those are very useful for the band I play in but the stock ones were perfectly good for normal applications. That made it about 345, which was still pretty good.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Telecaster Electric Guitar (Maple) Vintage Blonde from Strings Direct

Hi Mikey - thanks for the advice. Funnily enough, I was trying out amps in R&B a while back..

James (HateEvent) who works there handed me a Tele to try that played and sounded great - probably better than the USA Standard I had at the time. I was shocked to discover that it was a 139 Squier.

Usually, price reflects quality, but occasionally you uncover a wee gem :)

Well, I have an old 72 Custom reissue and I prefer the Squier to that. I have serious Telecaster love though, I've also got a lovely sonic blue Gordon Smith Tele thinline.