aberdeen-music

R.I.P Gary Moore

fatboy

Sad to hear news that Gary Moore has died :(

fucking legend with lizzy and his own right, always put all emotion into his playing.

garymooreooh-gazza.gif

The renowned rock guitarist Gary Moore has died' date=' the BBC has learned.

Mr Moore, 58, was, originally from Belfast, and was a former member of the legendary Irish group Thin Lizzy.

Adam Parsons, who manages Thin Lizzy, told the BBC that Mr Moore had died in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Mr Moore was originally drafted into Thin Lizzy by its singer Phil Lynott. He later gained acclaim for his solo work and was a former member of the Irish group Skid Row.

The Northern Ireland guitarist was only 16 when he moved from Belfast to Dublin in 1969, to join Skid Row, which featured Lynott as lead vocalist.

He was later brought into Thin Lizzy by Lynott to replace the departing Eric Bell, another guitarist from Northern Ireland.

Mr Bell told the BBC on Sunday he was still "in shock" at Mr Moore's death.

"I still can't believe it," he said.

"He was so robust, he wasn't a rock casualty, he was a healthy guy.

"He was a superb player and a dedicated musician."[/quote']

3870356209_2e9bc2642d.jpg

my friend and I used to have many a stoned debate on how he got is scar on his face

one of my favourate performances

Not sure Bigsby.

Apparently he lived a healthy enough lifestyle. It has already been pointed out that he was not a casualty of the "rock n roll lifestyle".

So probably not trying to choke himself with his boxers round his ankles and coke hidden in the crevice of his facial scar.

He was glassed in a fight in a London Club in the 70's Frankie Millar saved him, so the legend go's

Sure that wasn't the Scottish guitarist out of Lizzy (whose name escapes me right now)?

Certainly he told that story in the excellent BBC 4 documentary the other week.

And then Moore was brought in to cover for him on their US tour.

Just remembered, it was Robbo. Robbo was saving Frankie Miller from being glassed.

Anyhoo, here's what The Sun says, take it with a pinch of salt if you will:

Thin Lizzy star Gary Moore found dead in hotel room | The Sun |Showbiz|Music

Sure that wasn't the Scottish guitarist out of Lizzy (whose name escapes me right now)?

Certainly he told that story in the excellent BBC 4 documentary the other week.

And then Moore was brought in to cover for him on their US tour.

Just remembered, it was Robbo. Robbo was saving Frankie Miller from being glassed.

It was something like that. Robbo had his hand slashed and thus couldn't play so Gary was brought in.

Pinch of shite, more like...I fucking HATE The Sun :swearing:

"There were definite signs of alcohol in the room." - wow! alcohol in a hotel room in Spain! What a revelation! The journalist must have been top of his class at college.

Cunts.

"There were definite signs of alcohol in the room." - wow! alcohol in a hotel room in Spain! What a revelation! The journalist must have been top of his class at college.

Cunts.

What the fuck are 'signs of alcohol' anyway?

Empty bottles? That's a 'sign' of fuck all, that is 'alcohol'.

Or was there a half eaten kebab and a pile of random flyers for utter shite that sounded awesome at the time?

xx

Cunts.

The Sun reporters are great at destroying reputations of people who can no longer answer for themselves.