aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Musicfest

Ronz

Hi guys,loking for 1,maybe 2 bands to play at Aberdeen Musicfest on May 14th.

It's a fundraiser to help a work colleague of mine who is seriously ill recover.

Looking for bands who aren't really metal and have loads of friends to fill the place. Hopefully whole event will be on DVD. Anyway,being an old fart some of you young people wanna help me out with who could be cool and who could manage? I'll leave it to the public vote. So far there are 10/11 bands,both stages running at same time,free entry with all donations at door going to paul and his family.

Thanks for your help guys.

Ronz

May Contain Nuts is the worst band name I have ever, ever heard.

I disagree, kinda. It made me laugh, I'll probably remember it (I won't; I have a shit memory, but it's a fairly memorable name so people who remember things would remember it...).

It'd make a not bad album/EP title though, certainly would be better as that than a band name..

xx

Are they all Aberdeen bands?

Never heard of any of them.

I realise it's for a good cause and all, but it dosen't seem representative of Aberdeen's music scene.

"Aberdeen Musicfest" sort of implies that it is.

Guessing they're from the covers circuit seeing as Ronz plays in Fubar. Most folk here don't go see covers bands (for various reasons probably best left off this thread) so that'll be why you've never heard of them.

Don't think the name of the gig is all that important. It's a charity festival of music in Aberdeen, seems fair enough.

Wait, you're telling me that the post which read:

???????, ????????, ??? ? ??????, ????? ? ????????? ????? ? ????????? ??? ??? ???????? ?????, ????, ? ?? ??????

-1VMD-1??????????????

???????????VITEKVT-1191(750??,?????3,3?,,2??????)

?????????.??????????-417(25????.)

??????BRITAALUNA-XLMAXTRA

????????-707(2??.)

??? ????? ?????????? ??????

was spam?

Guest idol_wild
Great vocals and a sick lead guitarist

Heard its a different line up now though?

That lead guitarist melts my face, man. Vocals are killer.

I heard about the line-up changes on the grapevine too. What did you hear?

Thanks dude. One thing i actually hate is people associate Fubar as being a covers band. We write plenty of original material that appears on albums.

We would much rather go out and play originals but there's no market for it. We are booking a year in advance playing covers and frankly as long as I'm playing to a crowd and entertaining people I'm a happy bunny.

It's always the younger generation that like to give covers bands a bad rep but once you're over 25 and realise that you haven't been signed by a major record label etc where do you go if all you want to do is play live music?

We all lve what we do and bridge the gap between soley covers and originals,and lets face it,we don't do any harm,lol.

Ronz

Sounds ok to me

Saw fubar at beach ballroom few years back and they were great

Wow,thanks dude.

The new line up isn't actually that new.

Jamie has been with us 3 years now and Rich over 2.

Best bunch of guys I've ever played with and we have never had an arguement,life in a band doesn't get much better than that.

Thanks for all the kind words ,it's appreciated more than you know.

Ronz

I saw them at The Lemon Tree. They blew me away too.

They are all acts from Aberdeen so i suggest it does represent Aberdeen? How does it not?

And this post on here looking for extra acts would suggest the same no?

If you've never heard of any of them then perhaps you should go out and visit some different music venues.

Ronz

Are they all Aberdeen bands?

Never heard of any of them.

I realise it's for a good cause and all, but it dosen't seem representative of Aberdeen's music scene.

"Aberdeen Musicfest" sort of implies that it is.

Thanks dude. One thing i actually hate is people associate Fubar as being a covers band. We write plenty of original material that appears on albums.

We would much rather go out and play originals but there's no market for it. We are booking a year in advance playing covers and frankly as long as I'm playing to a crowd and entertaining people I'm a happy bunny.

It's always the younger generation that like to give covers bands a bad rep but once you're over 25 and realise that you haven't been signed by a major record label etc where do you go if all you want to do is play live music?

We all lve what we do and bridge the gap between soley covers and originals,and lets face it,we don't do any harm,lol.

Ronz

Hey I know what you mean, I realised long ago I aint gonna be a mega star ha ha

Been a couple of years at least since i saw you dudes, not sure if it was your current line up or not, will need to check ya out again

once you're over 25 and realise that you haven't been signed by a major record label etc where do you go if all you want to do is play live music?

The same places the rest of us go? It's not hard to get a gig in Aberdeen playing original material. One that pays well, that's different, but if all you want to do is play live music it shouldn't be a problem.

Guest davetherave

I saw Ronz and the guys last night at Ma's, the place was packed and jumping. Cant say the same for many venues in aberdeen! The originals versus covers debate has been covered before, so to put this back on topic, give Ronz some support and volunteer your band for a worthy cause :up: