aberdeen-music

Spotify Recommendations Thread

framheim

I like this The Raging Sun by Logh on Spotify - indie/post rock/shoegaze

and this Botheration by Oaf on Spotify - drums and bass and shouting and awesome

The bass player of Oaf is the editor of Metal Hammer. He's a really nice guy and his twitter stream is a good laugh (if you use it of course)

I don't use spotify so apologies if this link doesn't work but this album is great. Seen it described as shoe-gaze/post hardcore

Minor World by City of Ships on Spotify

This is just ace. Kind of shoe-gaze-pop-wave stuff. I reckon a fair few folk on here will enjoy it.

Hearts by I Break Horses on Spotify

I reviewed a single from this album earlier this year. It's kind of disjointed but in a way that works. It's sparse in places, sounds like the soundtrack to a quirky french film in other places, and has rather lovely vocals threaded throughout.

Excerpts by Ensemble on Spotify

I did have a smartphone until it met the pavement :swearing:

I dont see why they trimmed the limits so much though. Surely the adverts paid for the licences?

Probably to make more people pay for it. 4.99 for unlimited use of unthinkable quantities of music is absolutely incredible. I remember the day they announced the changes in the useage, and tons of people took to Facebook and forums moaning about how much less free music they are getting, as if Spotify are some kind of horrible, music-hogging Nazi bastards. Pricks.

I was never quite convinced by the digital age of music, and the thought of buying an mp3 still makes me wince. However, Spotify is the best thing to happen to music in a long time. I'd probably still pay for it if it was 20 a month, as I'd spend more than that on CD's anyway. A fiver is a colossal bargain.

If people use the free one and don't use it much, then that's cool. It's the folk who use the free one and moan about the adverts and the limits that make me feel awfully stabby.

I'm a bit gay for Spotify.

Right, you lot. Who is up for taking part in a Spotify playlist swap? Like a 21st century Mixtape Swapsies thingy whatsit. It'll be neat!

I'm thinking the playlists should have a theme, like a year, or a particular city/country or whatever you want, as long as it's consistent, and not just "America" or "Songs what I like". You can pick your own theme. Limit to 12 tracks, so it doesn't go on forever.

If you want in, say so, and I'll match people up.