aberdeen-music

Kaddish / Bonehouse / Carson Wells + TBC | Tunnels 2 | 27 February 2011

Huw

Kaddish

Righteous, emotive hardcore from guys who have been doing it for 10 years. Goes from spastic, awkward time signatures to uplifting shout-alongs to a kind of fragile twinkle. One album out last year, another one on its way.

Autumn Jams

Bonehouse

Kind of picking up the old Archives/TFOBK influence, but toning down the post rock and turning up the twiddle. Think From Monument To Masses when quiet, and Daitro when loud with some Funeral Diner/Portraits of The Past thrown in there too. Hopefully some new tunes in time for this one.

Carson Wells

Another trio, but doing a post hardcore meets emo type thing, heavily influenced by, but not really sounding anything like Meet Me In St. Louis, Kolya and Tool.

Carson Wells

One more TBC

Tunnels 2

27 February 2011

8pm

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This gig is part of a group of shows Kaddish/Carson Wells and Bonehouse are doing together, on these dates:

25th Feb - Dundee, Kage w/Pensioner

26th Feb - Perth, Mucky Mulligans w/tbc

27th Feb - Aberdeen, Tunnels 2 w/tbc

4th Mar - Edinburgh,The Banshee Labyrinth w/ Run off with Gipsies

Glasgow will follow.

Put the whole album up for streaming here. You can also check out some of those tunes live by following the links from that page too.

If you like it and come to the gig, you can purchase it on 12" for FOUR POUNDS. It comes with a download code for anybody who doesn't have a record player or wants to stick it on their iPod.

Hopefully the support will be announced soon. Cheers tothe mod who changed the price.

the supports for the gig next door are jobbies

I think it's in Drummonds but yeah, if you're not into the supports there you should definitely try and make it hear because from the Bonehouse demos they sound propa bo and Kaddish are 'mazin.

Oh and Absolutist have added an extra bit of CRUSH.

In for Absolutist.

Perfect addition. :D

G'lad. You actually remind me a bit of Chris Kaddish for some reason. I don't wanna say you will, but I reckon you might like the two Dundee bands. Hopefully anyway.

Sorry for the lazy Neurosis comparison below:

Could a mod change the title to:

Kaddish / Bonehouse / Carson Wells / Absolutist | Tunnels 2 | 27th February

and stick this in the descriptions:

Absolutist

Super promising local doomy/sludge metal hybrid made to crush. Big riffs and dual vocals FFO Neurosis and the like.

Absolutist | Aberdeen, UK | Metal / sludge / hardcore punk | Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos | ReverbNation