aberdeen-music

Cheap Les Pauls

Bigsby

P90s AND a satin finish. Goodness me, I'd absolutely love one of those.

Similarly cheap: PRS Starla X Soapbar Electric Guitar, Olive Green | DV247

An American made PRS with P90s for 600 seems like a bargain to me. They're doing them with a wee 4 watt Vox valve amp for 70 quid more too which is a lovely little deal.

Agreed. Does look really nice. Why is there not a GAS thread on Ab Mus?

God that is one horrible looking guitar ... whats up with PRS ? they make some nice guitars... but sometimes they lose the plot ... I prefer an Les Paul anyway so i dont care :)

Hmm. My first reaction was "yeurgh", but then I thought ther green reminded me of a Burns Double Six.

elvis.jpg

I like matching headtsocks too. :)

Headstocks!

Hmm. My first reaction was "yeurgh", but then I thought ther green reminded me of a Burns Double Six.

elvis.jpg

I like matching headtsocks too. :)

Designing a nice headstock is the most difficult part of guitar design I reckon. We all like symmetry so its really difficult to come up with something original, the Fender Tele is my fav despite its lack (or maybe because of) symmetry.

The Martin acoustic is so simple but classy, and the Gibson headstock is elegant ...

The worst headstock has to be the Tyler guitars sort of copy of the Strat ... rank rotten.. and all the BC Rich or Dean guitars are all piss poor ... the PRS headstock is OK.

The Rickenbaker one is nice !

just my opinions !

Aye, was meaning colour. Looking at those PRSs, a US built PRS for under 700 notes is actually pretty great, and apart from that bogey green colour they have some other very cool custom colours.

Yup I had a look after seeing your comment .... the sunburst looked acceptable ! I like to be able to see the wood ! so dont really go for solid colours that can hide the grain ...

I'd prefer an SG (no maple neck though) or a melody maker I suppose...

:)

• 2 weeks later...