aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

He's player boss, so yeah - I think he'll play a fair bit for them tbh. He'll be a class above everyone else in that league, and good luck to him.

Wait and see, some old heads take to it but not many.

It took Paul Sheerin half a season to adjust from St Johnstone and The likes of Phil Mguire, Jim Hamilton, David Hannah and Charlie Miller and numerous others failed over the years.

Didn't know that, but they've both been linked with him. Then again Spurs and Arsenal at the moment are 'linked' with every semi decent keeper in Europe as they both desparately need one!

So do United. Bid Ed's only got 2 games left. Can't se Kuszczszcak getting the #1 shirt full time. He was terrible against Blackburn at the weekend.

I hope Wigan get relegated at the weekend. It'd be a shame for Martinez though. What a super nice guy. I don't think he's a good manager though. He's got an excellent squad of players there, but they just can't operate consistently. He should be a pundit, since he speaks better English than I do and he's just so fucking nice. Him and Dixon on the couch is the dream team. They would have a no-holds-barred nice-off, to prove once and for all who is the nicest man on TV.

I hope their relegation kickstarts N'Zogbia's ego aswell, as he totally thinks he should be winning trophies. He'll probably hold out for Barcelona come deadline day, and be stuck in the Championship until January. He is rather good, but his colossal sulking makes Dimitar Berbatov looks like Ned Flanders.

He'd slot right in at Barca anyway. Who plays in Zog's position at Barca? David Villa? David Who? Exactly. Usurped.

I really hope Wigan and Blackpool stay up but I'm not sure that double is likely. Blackpool because it's a great story and Holloway is good for an interview and Wigan because Martinez is the boy and the Caldwell brothers are too just too fucking good for the Championship (lol). Wolves are a bit shitty although I also like Big Mick. Blackburn can fuck off.

I'm surprised at the Wigan love. They just shouldn't be a Premier League team. They have a Premier League stadium but no way do they have a Premier League support to fill it. Even against the big boys, the DW is empty and silent. I like alot of their individual players, and their manager, but I just don't think their stature as a club is worthy of playing in the top flight. Would rather see them swap with someone who can fill their ground at least.

I have nothing against Blackburn. I would much rather they stayed up. Ewood Park is a fortress too. Not many teams go there and win. They seem to have a habit of upsetting the top sides there. Proper Premier League team. Good players too. Chris Samba is an animal. He could make it for a club higher up the table. Even for the likes of Arsenal and whatnot. All the big clubs seem to be gunning for Gary Cahill at an inflated price this summer because he's English. Save a few quid and bring in Samba.

BBC Sport - Man Utd's Wayne Rooney threatens Twitter follower

Classy. It will be interesting to see what the FA does. 'Banter' or not, threatening someone does very much contravene the idea of footballers as role models. I can't see him actually being punished but I'd imagine a stern warning is in order

He probably will. Carlton Cole and Ryan Babel were punished for alot less than this. Twitter and footballers are a hideously embarrassing combination.

He probably will. Carlton Cole and Ryan Babel were punished for alot less than this. Twitter and footballers are a hideously embarrassing combination.

Weren't they charged for criticising referees though? No one gets away with that. I suppose the Rooney incident is 'bringing the game into disrepute' so he'll probably get charged with that.

I hate Wigan, and pre-season I wanted them to go down. Bit of a joke club really, but the way Martinez and the club in general have handled themselves over the last few weeks has been pretty endearing, and whilst I hate Hendry Thomas and Hugo Rodallega, there are a bunch of their players that I actually like.

I hope they stay up. I also hope Wolves stay up.

I hope Blackburn and Blackpool go down.

What a load of snobbery about Wigan, read what your writing! its ridiculous. ooh ooh dont fill their stadium, shouldn't be there, not a big enough club etc. what claptrap! Just cos their small and unfashionable you don't think they should be there. Makes me mad, really does. Ok so you have to thank Dave Whelan for bankrolling and paying the bills. The stadium looked pretty darn full for the game against West Ham.

Blackburn are a terrible example of a 'proper' club anyways. Saying you hope Wigan go down because they shouldn't be there cos their not big enough, you may as well say strip Blackburn of their 1995 title as they're not big enough to be premier league winners. They completely were bankrolled to the title back then by Jack Walker.

Blackpool wont win.

That's what they said about West Ham when in a similar situation a few seasons ago and Tevez scored the winner at Old Trafford. The season when Sheffield United got their knickers all in a twist. Man Utd won't be giving a flying fig and the reserves are shit as they proved against Crawley in the cup.

Hmm, I don't think their reserves are shit tbh, although you're right - I have a feeling Blackpool might take something off them. SAF will have his Champs League team in mind, and I imagine there are a bunch of decent enough players who won't make the cut (Owen, Gibson, Evans, Anderson) as well as the fact he might want to give Darren Fletcher some game time.

They'll want to win the game though, for sure, to keep momentum going. It's like in Football Manager when you're playing Woking away in the cup and think you can get off with playing a weak team and draw 0-0.

I don't think the side will be as weak as what SAF put out against Crawley mind but with the title wrapped up and the champions league just around the corner, it'll be hard to focus on a meaningless game, sure Sir Alex has his starting 11 in mind for the final so even if one of the fringe players plays a blinder it won't make much difference to his team selection. I like the unpredictable nature of Blackpool! I do think they might get something out the game and save themselves but knowing Blackpool they'll lose but still stay up because of results elsewhere!

I understand what you're saying about Wigan, delboy, and it's completely superficial, but their lack of atmosphere is dull to me, and I'd rather another newbie Premier League team like Blackpool, Burnley or Stoke came up, where the fans are mental loud and make their home a difficult place to go, even for the big boys.

It was reasonably full against West Ham because they were finally playing for something, but I don't understand why the stands are bare when they are at home to Chelsea or United.

I hope Swansea come up, just for a fresh face. QPR, Norwich and Reading have been in the PL before. It would proper stick it to Cardiff too. I hate Cardiff.