aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Being a Newcastle fan is absolute class by the way. Lose to fucking Blackpool at home by two goals and want the ground the swallow you up one week, beating Everton away thanks to a wonder strike from our top summer signing the next. You don't get that kind of rollercoaster ride with any other team. Love it.

I've only been reading the text updates. From what i gather though, Berbatov is the best player on the planet and Torres makes Anelka look like Mr Happy. Good stuff. I've never ever said a bad word about Berbatov either. Ever. Nope. Ben Arfa was stupidly good yesterday too. What an utterly ridiculous talent. He is just brilliant when he's having a happy day. He's a stolen newspaper away from a red card and an assault charge though. Be careful with him Hughton.

Guest idol_wild

I just saw Berbatov's second goal. What a fucking beezer.

I don't even like Manchester United that much, nor Berbatov; but I could do nothing but grin each time I saw that goal.

I fucking love football.

It wouldn't have been the first time they've hit double figures. Didn't they beat some team from Luxembourg 21-0 in the Cup Winners Cup. I think that was the aggregate score actually, but they'd have to have gone into double figures in at least one of those games.

I didn't really make it clear, but I had meant that it would be the first time in the premiership, for any team.

Blackpool were a lot better in the second half, I like them a lot so it was kind of nice to see they didn't drop their heads and do a Wigan like collapse. There are many other sides Id rather see completely embarrassed. Still with the opportunities that they had Chelsea could have scored a few more. Blackpool were only stopped by a couple of great saves too though.

It will be interesting to see how perform in the next two matches which should be the toughest of the season so far.

Atletico v Barca was good, there could have been more goals for both sides. Hopefully Messi's injury isn't too bad.

Anyone who thinks that Berbatov is a bad player knows absolutely nothing about football. There's more to the game than running around a lot and getting "wired in". It's such a narrow-minded, British mentality really. "Oh, Berbatov isn't doing as much running as Rooney! What a useless, lazy shitcunt!". Piss off. Berbatov is one of the most technically gifted players in the league (maybe the most technically impressive forward I've seen in the Premier League since Bergkamp), and Manchester United should be delighted to have him on their books. I hope their fans will start to realise it after today's performance.

Lovely goal from Ben Arfa yesterday. He was doing a bit of Jonas-esque dawdling around in the middle of the park, then POW! Pick that one out, Timmy Tourettes. Hopefully he can be as effective as Robert and Ginola were for us: he might fade in and out of games every now and then, but he's certainly capable of producing those moments of magic that can win games from nowhere. I've not been this excited about a Newcastle signing for a long time. Our other new player, Cheick Tiote, looks like a class act too. Strong in the tackle, very energetic, and with a good pass on him. If we're going to play Kevin sodding Nolan every week then we need a guy like this in the team.

Now, if only we could do something about James Perch...

The thing is, Berbatov has been shit. No doubt about it. He's picked up his game 2nd half of last season and the beginning of this. I've been critical of him in the past because he's never shown much desire to be on the pitch. He cost a lot of money and I think it's quite reasonable to expect him to look like he can be arsed putting himself in the line of fire or busting a gut for the team.

Anyone who thinks that Berbatov is a bad player knows absolutely nothing about football. There's more to the game than running around a lot and getting "wired in". It's such a narrow-minded, British mentality really. "Oh, Berbatov isn't doing as much running as Rooney! What a useless, lazy shitcunt!". Piss off. Berbatov is one of the most technically gifted players in the league (maybe the most technically impressive forward I've seen in the Premier League since Bergkamp), and Manchester United should be delighted to have him on their books. I hope their fans will start to realise it after today's performance.

Lovely goal from Ben Arfa yesterday. He was doing a bit of Jonas-esque dawdling around in the middle of the park, then POW! Pick that one out, Timmy Tourettes. Hopefully he can be as effective as Robert and Ginola were for us: he might fade in and out of games every now and then, but he's certainly capable of producing those moments of magic that can win games from nowhere. I've not been this excited about a Newcastle signing for a long time. Our other new player, Cheick Tiote, looks like a class act too. Strong in the tackle, very energetic, and with a good pass on him. If we're going to play Kevin sodding Nolan every week then we need a guy like this in the team.

Now, if only we could do something about James Perch...

I do agree about Berbatov. He is obviously not a bad player in any respect, but great players can play poorly, and Berbatov's first two seasons were definitely sub par. At a club trying to win titles, I think it takes a bit more than ability. There needs to be a desire and a certain mental capacity to deal with the pressure. When the pressure was piled on him, especially in the games when Rooney was injured last year, he didn't look up to it, whilst still showing he is a more than capable footballer lacking the application.

I think he realises he's under pressure now, with Macheda and Hernandez wanting a starting place, and he won't just walk into the side unless he proves why he should be starting. Macheda and Hernandez currently have great scoring records, so he's got to wise up, and he is seemingly doing so.

Ben Arfa is just supreme. If the right kind of manager could straighten him out and stop him acting like a pissy child, I really do think he'd be one of the best players on the planet. Really really. He's just got that natural instict. He can pick out passes without even looking where the player is, in the way that Ronaldinho did which would just leave full backs rooted to the ground and creates colossal amounts of space. He's so light on his feet, and the way he retains possession is extraordinary. There were times on Saturday where he looked in a completely non-threatening position, then he'd just charge forward and he'd be take 3 opposing players right out of the equation. He's got alot more intelligence and awareness than most give him credit for. Fucking love Ben Arfa. I'm glad he threw his toys out of the pram and sulked about until he got to move to the Premier League. What a massively stubborn, infuriatingly headstrong cunt. Champion.