aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Nev

Newswipe

Glad this is back. Brooker completely and utterly wins, all the time.

"temperatures across the land plunged to hollyoaks iq levels, and nick griffin finally got his dream of an all-white britain" :up:

I don't like him on any panel show and even that channel 4 show he did was a bit rubbish. Screenwipe and Newswipe are brilliant though, he should stick to that, and his column.

Old skool Brooker... TV Go Home

• Upvote 1

So glad Doug Stanhope's been involved in this series. He's terrifying, but oddly endearing. And occasionally laugh-out-loud (LOL) hilarious.

I don't like him on any panel show and even that channel 4 show he did was a bit rubbish. Screenwipe and Newswipe are brilliant though, he should stick to that, and his column.

Old skool Brooker... TV Go Home

Backed!

So glad Doug Stanhope's been involved in this series. He's terrifying, but oddly endearing. And occasionally laugh-out-loud (LOL) hilarious.

I'm watching Episode 5 right now and he's slaying me :laughing:

tried watching that new The Bubble show but was actually too boring to bother with and especially Frank Skinner.

Doug Stanhope is a fantasitc comedian, you can download some of his stuff on itunes.

tried watching that new The Bubble show but was actually too boring to bother with and especially Frank Skinner.

It was dire wasn't it. I managed about 10 minutes. Try as I might, I just can't bring myself to like that Reginald D Hunter. I generally admire American comedians who really integrate themselves and their jokes into British culture (Rich Hall for example) but I just find him utterly unfunny and I can't understand why people seem to roll around laughing when he's on things like this and HIGNFY.

Stanhope is a funny man. His 'bit' about pedophilia is classic and pretty brave. He's one of these comedians who never plays safe or dumbs anything down in case of causing offence. I like that.

It was dire wasn't it. I managed about 10 minutes. Try as I might, I just can't bring myself to like that Reginald D Hunter. I generally admire American comedians who really integrate themselves and their jokes into British culture (Rich Hall for example) but I just find him utterly unfunny and I can't understand why people seem to roll around laughing when he's on things like this and HIGNFY.

He's so out of place on these shows, like obviously fake laughing because he doesn't know who the fuck they're talking about. I'm not slagging him for that because I lived in America and I honestly had no fucking clue about the actual American culture and felt like a fish outta water but why would you try to make a comedy career focused on culture you have zero experience of!!

*PS that clip hilarious.