aberdeen-music

Lloyds TSB - Withdrawal Troubles

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild

I have money in my account, yet I tried about five different ATM vendors and I got the prompt:

Sorry, it has not been possible to complete your transaction.

Well sorry isn't good enough. I wanted to take my money out so I could witness an evening of live music. It also prompted me with the same message when I asked to view my balance. Argh.

Anyone else had similar difficulties this evening?

Guest idol_wild
did you use a lloyds atm or were these all at other banks atm machines? might be a problem with link network or something.

I have just been reliably informed that someone else had the same problem with their Lloyds TSB card and he tried a Lloyds TSB specific machine and it worked.

Thinking back, it's very possible that none of the machines I tried were Lloyds TSB specific. Oh well. Either way, I lose. Because of a bank.

I have just been reliably informed that someone else had the same problem with their Lloyds TSB card and he tried a Lloyds TSB specific machine and it worked.

Thinking back, it's very possible that none of the machines I tried were Lloyds TSB specific. Oh well. Either way, I lose. Because of a bank.

This has happened to me too, resolved by visiting Lloyds TSB ATM

Guest idol_wild
And I know how to bleed your bank account dry. Your point? ;-)

Well, you're going to get very little cash and I have the potential to visit your house and skelp you in the dish. ;)

Did you have money in the account? Some machines will tell you that you've got money in your account, but a Lloyds machine (using a Lloyds card) will tell you the real scenario - usually when you've used the money paying for something, but the money hasn't left your account yet. RBS machines used to be terrible for doing this, at least.

Guest idol_wild
Did you have money in the account? Some machines will tell you that you've got money in your account, but a Lloyds machine (using a Lloyds card) will tell you the real scenario - usually when you've used the money paying for something, but the money hasn't left your account yet. RBS machines used to be terrible for doing this, at least.

Yeah, I had money in the account. I came home immediately and checked my balance, just in case something was wrong, but the balance was fine. So I dunno...still stumped.

i'm pretty certain that works the same for using a lloyds machine with a card from another bank. lloyds atm's aren't like super atm's which can tell you information other atm's can't.

i'm pretty certain that works the same for using a lloyds machine with a card from another bank. lloyds atm's aren't like super atm's which can tell you information other atm's can't.

Doesn't it depend on the bank? Lloyds machines will tell you the current account balance and the available balance, whereas RBS machines used to only tell you the current account balance. I might be mixing the two up - but certainly, RBS would only tell you what was in your account.

HBOS machines always gave both figures when using a Lloyds card, though.

Yeah' date=' I had money in the account. I came home immediately and checked my balance, just in case something was wrong, but the balance was fine. So I dunno...still stumped.[/quote']

Bizzare... maybe it was just a fault in the Link network then.

Lloyds cards are hit or miss abroad too, I've found, especially in Germany.

Doesn't it depend on the bank? Lloyds machines will tell you the current account balance and the available balance, whereas RBS machines used to only tell you the current account balance. I might be mixing the two up - but certainly, RBS would only tell you what was in your account.

HBOS machines always gave both figures when using a Lloyds card, though.

actually it should be the case that all bank machines will tell you what's available otherwise it'd be awfully confusing so they might not include uncleared cheques in your balance but should also include any maestro payments which are going through.

i'm both an rbs and hbos customer and have never noticed any difference between their cash machines in what they tell you or on anyone elses cashline machines when using my card. you get more options on your own banks machines but that's it.

it does sound like this was a problem with the link network to be honest. or phil's bank card.

Guest idol_wild
it does sound like this was a problem with the link network to be honest. or phil's bank card.

I have since managed to withdraw cash, so I assume it was just a network link problem.

Still...I hate banks and the whole idea we realistically have to own a bank account.