aberdeen-music

is lucifer at fault?

Guest stuartmaxwell

Guest stuartmaxwell
Jamesy' date=' Johnny Lucifer/Chris etc..., Ben Quik / Weapon

This whole thread isn`t even worth the time and effort to read it.[/quote']

true

but i love the fact that you just have to mention either of their names in the same thread then BOOM! :up:

ho ho ho' date=' terror faggott, i like it

aint seen lucifer either, i doubt itll be my thing, but i aint ruling it out, it could be comdey more than anything else

as for mmw they have improved a lot on cd, last time i heard em was fudge in moshulu, where i thought they were good, heard their show is better now[/quote']

We could go together... it'd be an adventure. (Radio Lucifer)

And yes, much improvement has happened (MMW)

PS: Terror Faggots RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWK!

Guest stuartmaxwell
We could go together... it'd be an adventure. (Radio Lucifer)

PS: Terror Faggots RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWK!

ooh it sounds like fighting talk !:p:up:

From my point of view everything i've heard aboput MMW musically seems to suggest that their an ace band that play good music, if its what your into. But the fact is that they've made it pretty easy for people to dislike them. I mean every time ben comes onto the message boards and MMW is mentioned sudedenly the hackles are raised and he comes out with stupid comments that just make him look like an arrogant fanny. If you think your bands good there's no need to force it down other peoples throats, but that's what happens, If you build your band up to be some kind of extraordinary super talented group who are gong to single handedly resque the Aberdeen music scene first then go on to to conquer the world and turn everyone into MMW fans then people instantly want to knock you back down, then thngs get personal...insults get hurrled and the whole cycle starts over again until you've turned everyone against you.

From my point of view everything i've heard aboput MMW musically seems to suggest that their an ace band that play good music' date=' if its what your into. But the fact is that they've made it pretty easy for people to dislike them. I mean every time ben comes onto the message boards and MMW is mentioned sudedenly the hackles are raised and he comes out with stupid comments that just make him look like an arrogant fanny. If you think your bands good there's no need to force it down other peoples throats, but that's what happens, If you build your band up to be some kind of extraordinary super talented group who are gong to single handedly resque the Aberdeen music scene first then go on to to conquer the world and turn everyone into MMW fans then people instantly want to knock you back down, then thngs get personal...insults get hurrled and the whole cycle starts over again until you've turned everyone against you.[/quote']

i couldn't agree more with this.

Guest highroller

come on Mel...Weapon have never said anything as pompous and overblown as what that guy has said...how can people constantly lie to themselves...

i don't think what that guy has said is pompous or overblown. ben, you used to be the same with quik. you'd get defensive really quickly which is fair enough, but your responses often came across as childish and arrogant and I said that to you back in the day. and you admitted to me that yeah, you do that and you don't mean it. and to be honest, you guys have talked yourselves up on here, and there's been a lot of hype surrounding the band. that's been said by people from all different 'social' groups including some of your friends. it's not in a derogatory way, it's just a simple fact. and purple frodo' right. sometimes it does seem like you're trying to force your band down people's throats, but once again, it's something you and jamesy have done with your bands before weapon. so you have to expect some sort of backlash and not take it so personally all the time.

and regarding frosty jack, as i said before, the man makes the same jokes regarding chris, as often as he does to you, and him and chris are on perfectly friendly terms in the real world. why not take him up on his drink offer?

Guest highroller

hmmm but you think that behaviour is worth an actual witch hunt...cos thats really what this is...can tyou even admit that chris should get off our case...i bet you dont Mel...no way will you go against what he has said...or even say it should stop...oh and the drink thing...ill pass...if someone cant be the same person online as off then whats the point?

Jamesy' date=' Johnny Lucifer/Chris etc..., Ben Quik / Weapon

In reality they are three of the nicest people that you could wish to meet.

[/quote']

No they're not - cunts, one and all! I'm gonna cut that Lucifer next time I see him...... :bat:

Incidentally, the new Atreyu album is ace...... :up:

Guest highroller

the new atreyu album isnt ace...ITS AMAZING...

jesus...where did they get the balls to make an album like that...they have riffs, solos and choruses on there that the darkness could only dream about and would (obviously) make sound shit!!

The eighteen visions!!! CHRIST!! Now thats the album of the year for me so far....JESUS!!

i admit that chris gets carried away sometimes and i regularly try and get him to spend less time on here arguing. on saturday i physically picked him up and carried him through to the living room to get him to stop. but i can also see how easy it is for him to make a comment, because you do sometimes set yourselves up for it by talking yourselves up. i'll also say that a lot of the statements you make really hit a nerve with me right now and can really piss me off. like the above thing regarding frosty jack. because you're outright refusing to take any of his comments in a lighthearted way, and when you're extended the rod of friendship, you refuse it because you're so stubborn sometimes that you can never admit when you're being childish. especially when your online personality is also quite different to how you are in real life. it always has been.

the thing is ben, you and chris have always taken the piss out of each other and it's always been good natured. but for some reason you seem to take it to heart when it's about weapon, which is strange considering when you first formed you told me it was jamesy's band and just a sideproject for you. so if you can't take the jibes in the manner in which they're intended, then just add him to the ignore list and forget about it.

Guest highroller

It initially was a sideproject...but that was before i know how it would go so it was the safest thing to say...

Fair enough Mel. I understand your point.

Im no different though.

lets let it die. im bored and we will continue to do our thing before Chris jumps in to attack us again.

I think I can safely say that usually you're all as bad as each other (regarding Lucifer/Weapon members).

I'm sure you're all nice chaps' date=' but it really does get a bit silly.

You all take it far too seriously, and only Dan makes me laugh. I love you, Dan.[/quote']

Thank you "huntedbyafreak" ;) although I've never met you ;) before in my life ever ;) but I'm glad I make you laugh.

I love you too Joss. I mean...uh...person I've never met before

• 2 months later...
Guest The Reverend Z. Munch

I just read this thread after being told by someone it was pretty funny, its just a shame i hadn't been around to see it but i found one choicy post that made me laugh most about My Mind's Weapon

chris...ive seen it all this weekend anyway as i have been online alot of it...

its cool..you are helping the cd sales id imagine...all press is good press.

I'd like to know what press My Mind's Weapon have got' date=' i never read any ads in the NME, Kerrang, Q, Rolling Stone or any national newspapers or saw anything on TV about you guys...where is all this good press MMW is getting?

Help with CD sales?, well i can imagine that, considering that everytime i go into One Up, the CD rack where MMW's cds are is usually full...maybe you should find better ways to actually get people to help you with those CD sales...maybe get your dads and mums to buy them all up for you and finally empty that CD rack in One Up might be an idea for you to pursue...just to convince us all that My Mind's Weapon are actually as popular as you and Jamesy seem to think you are

we are talked about this much, awesome is what i say...people will be curious about this MMW band...cheers bud!

Kill yourselves first, nothing like a good suicide to boost CD sales...

Just a hint guys.... ;)