aberdeen-music

Secret Of Monkey Island returns

Chris

Secret of Monkey Island returns! | Technology | guardian.co.uk

Back by popular demand, The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition faithfully re-imagines the internationally-acclaimed classic game (originally released in 1990) for original and new audiences alike. The development team at LucasArts is bringing the game into the modern era with all-new high-definition graphics, a re-mastered musical score, full voiceover, and an in-depth hint system has been added to help players through the game's side-splitting puzzles. Purists will also delight in the ability to seamlessly switch between the updated HD re-imagining and the original classic version.

This was already mentioned in the Left 4 Dead 2 thread.

Maybe we should merge them and just make one E3 thread?

fucking right this will be amazing! Ive been waiting years for a remake of some point and click games' date=' they just dont run the same on windows.[/quote']

Try using ScummVM - it is an emulator of sorts for many point and click games:

ScummVM :: Home

Try using ScummVM - it is an emulator of sorts for many point and click games:

ScummVM :: Home

yeah ive got that, i also use Dosbox for running Full Throttle, but it still crashes from time to time or the sound jumps a bit, would be awesome to have the game made for windows to save having to run a dos programme to make them work. Plus Dosbox is a pain in the ass if you are not so good with computers like me having to mount drives and stuff is complicated, ScummVM wont work for Full Throttle either for some reason, dunno if its just vista or what.

Possibly. But is there enough interest for one E3 thread? Seeing as these are the only 2 announcements that seem to have prompted threads.

I didn't go into the left 4 dead thread as I'm not interested in that game, looking at the responses here I assume that's the same for some others so it's probably better to keep them seperate just now.

yeah ive got that, i also use Dosbox for running Full Throttle, but it still crashes from time to time or the sound jumps a bit, would be awesome to have the game made for windows to save having to run a dos programme to make them work. Plus Dosbox is a pain in the ass if you are not so good with computers like me having to mount drives and stuff is complicated, ScummVM wont work for Full Throttle either for some reason, dunno if its just vista or what.

When in doubt, blame Vista.

Full Throttle works fine for me with ScummVM on XP.

DOSBox is a pain in the arse but it isn't that complicated once you get the hang of it - mounting drives is really just pointing to a certain folder on your computer.

When in doubt, blame Vista.

Full Throttle works fine for me with ScummVM on XP.

DOSBox is a pain in the arse but it isn't that complicated once you get the hang of it - mounting drives is really just pointing to a certain folder on your computer.

It definately is vista because it used to work with XP, pain in the ass really.

Its more the technical talk of DOSBOX that gets me, all the sites i read with walkthrough seem to suggest you understand what drive mounting means, but i have managed to get it to work, then copied what i did into note pad so i can go back easily, there was a way to set it up for certain games so drives would always be mounted but i havent figured that out yet, all this to play a game made in the early 90's that costs about 1 on a 600 laptop, i love computer games :)

Looking forward to this. Played the first two via Scumm and recently replayed the third, never bothered with the 4th 3d one after a few poor reviews.

Hopefully this paves the way for a few old adventure point and click games. Anyone remember the Delphine Software game Operation Stealth? Or Cruise for a Corpse?