aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Kamara is spot on with his comments, Blatter is too old and out of touch to be in charge of world football. It needs someone younger with more energy and whose more in touch with the modern needs of the game. For crying out loud, Blatter is 74 this week, surely he should be taking it easy and playing golf instead of being president of world football?

West Brom away tonight. No Tudgay again. They are going to score more than 5 goals past us, I can feel it.

We've get Jeffers on the bench though, incase we are in need a divisive comeback. Can you argue with his 5 goals in 46 games record? Smashing.

Please, do not let them put 5 past you.

Fucking West Brom man! Why can't they just piss off and accept that we're the Daddies and not them?

Too right. They've had their chances, over and over. They just don't have the stability to be a Premier League side, as they've constantly proven.

Once a team has been promoted and relegated instantly that many times, they should be banned from getting promoted again until they stop being shite. I imagine the Premier League is sick of seeing them. They are nothing more than the ugly, clingy 3rd wheel in the Birmingham relationship.

Still, they beat us, but not convincingly it seems. We're still shite though.

Fiorentina - Bayern was a great game. You know who's smarter than everyone else? Van Bommel and Schweinsteiger, that's who. Schweinsteiger especially is just a freakishly good all-round footballer.

Looking forward to Man Utd - Milan. I predict high levels of Seedorf.

Sky Sports | Shows | Revista De La Liga | Refs going fourth?

So what all your verdicts on this column?

To outline the situation, the referee missed a clear handball in the box in a La Liga game between Valencia and Atletico Madrid. After players surrounded him he consulted the 4th official, and he informed the referee that a handball did occur. Atletico were awarded a penalty the the Valencia player was sent off. Now, football federations around Europe are scrutinising La Liga and their officials for giving the 4th official such involvement, and that sort of decision should be left to the referee, as it's purely a judgement call.

I'm not sure I quite understand the outburst of scrutiny against La Liga officials. Surely if the referee misses a major incident in the game, but another official spots it, they should have the authority to have a say in that call? It just seems so simple and so black and white. The Linesmen are able to call for fouls and similar incidents as well as offsides, which is their primary job. They're not surrendering to video evidence just yet, and it is still being called with the human eye of an official. It's just baffling that it is being held in such disregard. It's not like they are asking a the fans what the call should be, and getting them to vote with coloured cards, like on Ready Steady Cook.

I'm all for it. The 4th official should have this sort of involvement. He has the facilities to replay footage on his monitors, and gets a viewpoint the referee doesn't. I can't really see anything wrong with the decision to involve him, except for how it's never been done before until now? It should just be fundamental. Much better than these goal line linesmen in the Europa League who wander on to the pitch from time to time. It often looks like they are about to dive in with a slide tackle.

I can't really see anything wrong with the decision to involve him, except for how it's never been done before until now?

It was the 4th official that told the ref about Zidane's headbutt in the world cup which led to him being sent off.

Is he definitely out? I know he mnissed the Roma game. Sky said this morning he travelled and is in the squad.

They certainly need a bit more finesse up front than Huntelaar, who is incredibly ineffective

He's definitely out...according to the hilariously unreliable goal.com.

Huntelaar won't start, regardless of whether Pato plays. Borriello will start, and he will run about a lot and try to knock people over, which I can't imagine is going to faze Vidic too much. Things will only get interesting when Inzaghi inevitably comes on.

I dread to think who Milan will play in place of Nesta. Bonera, probably.