aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Guest idol_wild
How can you? The revealing of kits is the best part of the summer. Much, much more worthwhile than all this "So and so to Madrid/City for a billion million, earning one house made of gold bars per week"

They cost over 50 and I want one.

That's why I hate football strips.

3-1 win for ICT over Elgin City tonight, with a 2-0 win over Buckie Thistle at the weekend.

The only trialist out of the 5 we've taken on that looks good is Robert Eagle, who got released from Norwich in April. Pacy, skillful left winger who scored a screamer tonight. Lord knows we need a good midfielder or two before the season starts!

Huntly tomorrow night.

a right royal 4-0 humping from blackburn tonight, nae suprises as most their first team squad got a run out. by jove christopher samba is a tall tall man!!!!

i heard it on the grapevine that steve evans whose kinda like the phil mitchell of the lower leagues is going to be our new boss, a most unpopular choice with the fans! then a load of spotty teenagers had a pathetic sit in after the game in protest at the sacking of gary brabin. that was until their mums came and picked them up! exciting times at the abbey at the moment!!!! and blimey the new season is still over 2 weeks away!

East Fife 1-2 St Mirren

Good kick off to the pre season for Saints, considering Gus had them doing a double session during the day before the game at night. Pretty much a first choice XI (Give or take the odd Tom Brighton) started although 2nd half saw 2 trialists and a host of subs coming on. Gallacher, Ross Mair Potter Camara, Dorman Thomson McGinn Brighton, Higdon & Mehmet. King Billy (sic) rolled in the first before Lee Mair nodded in a corner (A CORNER! We havent scored from a corner since LAST PRE-SEASON!)

Seriously tho, I'm delighted we scored from a set piece. Some boy on Pie & Bovril done an analysis last season of where % of goals had come from. Saints were about 6th/7th from open play, but bottom from set pieces. If we had scored even 3 or 4 goals from set pieces we would have been far higher in the division.

They cost over 50 and I want one.

That's why I hate football strips.

There's a couple of websites which deal in unauthentic shirts, which seem to be getting quite rave responses at the moment. They aren't the type of fakes you get on holiday or whatever. They look like the real deal, with the manufacturer and emblems properly embroided into the shirt. They even offer the proper arm patches and proper numbering style and they cost between about 8 and 15. Seems to be the only way to tell that its fake is if you know. They really do look identical! I will try and track down the links when I get home.

There's a couple of websites which deal in unauthentic shirts, which seem to be getting quite rave responses at the moment. They aren't the type of fakes you get on holiday or whatever. They look like the real deal, with the manufacturer and emblems properly embroided into the shirt. They even offer the proper arm patches and proper numbering style and they cost between about 8 and 15. Seems to be the only way to tell that its fake is if you know. They really do look identical! I will try and track down the links when I get home.

:up:

Good stuff!

Does Adebayor to City mean that they're no longer going for Eto'o? The latter would be ridiculous anyway. It seems a bit daft the figures that are being speculated for Torres, Villa and Ibrahimovic 50m+ in light of these Ronaldo and Kaka transfers, yet the Eto'o figure was only around the 25m mark, despite him being awesome, with an undisputable scoring record.

Not at all. African and Asian countries are famous for this kind of thing, where they'll cheat as much as possible even for minor accolades.

There's the famous incident where Scotland were denied at winning World Cup win (at under16 level) by a Saudi Arabian team which were obviously much older than legally allowed.

We played the final anyway and despite the best efforts of Paul Dickov and co, we were beaten on penalties :down:

The 20 year anniversary of that game was celebrated a few weeks ago.

Caught in Time: Scotland reach World Youth Cup final in 1989 - Times Online

Not at all. African and Asian countries are famous for this kind of thing, where they'll cheat as much as possible even for minor accolades.

There's the famous incident where Scotland were denied at winning World Cup win (at under16 level) by a Saudi Arabian team which were obviously much older than legally allowed.

We played the final anyway and despite the best efforts of Paul Dickov and co, we were beaten on penalties :down:

The 20 year anniversary of that game was celebrated a few weeks ago.

Caught in Time: Scotland reach World Youth Cup final in 1989 - Times Online

I know the background behind it but it's just that in this day and age it could come across a touch racist like the western world can't tell how old these guys are 'cause all black people look the same (not my opinion of course). I know in this case the Nigerian FA have volunteered to do the testing rather than being asked to do it but surely everyone else should be required to do it in the interests of equality. I mean, some white people don't look their age as well, it's not just limited to people of Asian and African origin. What about the USA or Brazil? I know they're not as likely in most people's opinions to do that sort of thing but it's not altogether impossible.

Out of interest i personally don't think Obafemi Martins is as young as he is thought to be...

I know the background behind it but it's just that in this day and age it could come across a touch racist like the western world can't tell how old these guys are 'cause all black people look the same (not my opinion of course). I know in this case the Nigerian FA have volunteered to do the testing rather than being asked to do it but surely everyone else should be required to do it in the interests of equality. I mean, some white people don't look their age as well, it's not just limited to people of Asian and African origin. What about the USA or Brazil? I know they're not as likely in most people's opinions to do that sort of thing but it's not altogether impossible.

Out of interest i personally don't think Obafemi Martins is as young as he is thought to be...

There was a carry on a few years ago about Freddy Adu perhaps not being the 15 year old wonderkid he was made out to be...

Does Adebayor to City mean that they're no longer going for Eto'o? The latter would be ridiculous anyway. It seems a bit daft the figures that are being speculated for Torres, Villa and Ibrahimovic 50m+ in light of these Ronaldo and Kaka transfers, yet the Eto'o figure was only around the 25m mark, despite him being awesome, with an undisputable scoring record.

they gave up trying to get Eto'o last friday...

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | M | Man City | Man City pull plug on Eto'o move

how many strikers do man city need????

I hope Hughes' first hand experience of Santa Cruz puts him ahead of sulky Adebayor in the pecking order. I really don't think he'll be a good buy. It's been made clear how his sulking badly affects his game.

They've got a heap of great players who I just don't know how they'll get a turn. Elano? Wright Phillips? Ireland? Hughes has always been very fond of Bellamy, so I imagine he'll get more games than he should. Maybe over Tevez, just like the old days? Tevez to Liverpool in January?

A quick provisional on the man city line up?

(Old Fashioned 2-3-5)

Given;

Richards, Bridge

De Jong, Kompany, Barry

Robinho, Tevez, Santa Cruz, Adebayor, Petrov

Subs (from): Bellamy, Wright Phillips, Bojinov, Benjani, Ireland, Elano, Caicedo, Onouha

Fuck me I've probably missed half a team there but still...