aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

I have to say that I chuckled when Burnley thought Brian Laws was the man to keep them up, a manager who reminds me of Mike Bassett without the beard. He looked bemused and clueless when interviewed on MOTD post drubbing. Funniest bit was the scenes of the fans leaving when citys 5th went in on 22 mins and one chap punch some bricks as he left.

Yes it was clearly an offside goal that Drogba 'scored' but Man Utd's was equally dubious. Think Chelsea deserved the win but the title aint over by a long shot. We're now at the part of the season where the pressure is immense and there'll be some suprising results. Think Man U and Arsenals shenanigans in Europe may be catching up with them mind.

And I wish the fucking media cunts would stop harping on about Rooney as if he's some kind of god. Jesus christ he's injured get over it! Berbatov is general looks a waste of 30 million quid mind, have to admit!

Laws is well out of his depth. I don't think his time at Wednesday should be undermined though. He kept us stable for a good few seasons with a budget of somewhere around about 0. He knew how to play safe, slightly negative and downright infuriating football, although that wasn't ever going to work in the PL with much better opposition who can break teams down even if they park the bus infront of the goal. I do think he'd be a good manager at a team who have funds so he can employ his own methods and tactics, and not just have to work with what he's got. He's a bit spineless when it comes to keeping hold of players though. But that could probably be because he didn't have any money to spend, and just loved to see money come in.

Despite that, he's not going back to the Championship. He'll be sacked before taking charge of a relegated Burnley side next season.

Really looking forward to tonight. Forest vs. Cardiff at 3:15: we're promoted if Forest getting anything less than a win, which would be such a massive anticlimax, so I'm hoping Forest turn them over. I think they've won something like 9 home games in a row. Ludicrous. Than at 7:30, Newcastle vs. Sheffield United. I really can't see us losing our unbeaten home record to this lot; hopefully we'll go up in front of a sell-out crowd with a comprehensive rout of these horrible bastards. Hopefully Andy Carroll is playing so he can give Chris Morgan the Steven Taylor treatment.

ICT -TV

ICT have finally got round to using a free highlights service, similar to the likes of Raith etc.

Foran's goal is less spectacular than I remember, but the stadium's reaction is even more spectacular than I recall. You can even see my legs run down the steps of the uncovered section of Main Stand when the players run towards the bench :)

Morton tomorrow and I'm seriously thinking of driving down and back the same night...

Is anyone else getting totally hacked off with Sky's commentator's insistence on calling Michael Paton "Michael Patton"?

What's worse was that Andy Walker began the game calling him Paton, and then started calling him "Patton" later on just to conform with the useless cunt sat next to him.

I hate this kind of amateurish, illiterate crap. :down:

This did bug me, too! Mind you, so did the performance.

Really looking forward to tonight. Forest vs. Cardiff at 3:15: we're promoted if Forest getting anything less than a win, which would be such a massive anticlimax, so I'm hoping Forest turn them over. I think they've won something like 9 home games in a row. Ludicrous. Than at 7:30, Newcastle vs. Sheffield United. I really can't see us losing our unbeaten home record to this lot; hopefully we'll go up in front of a sell-out crowd with a comprehensive rout of these horrible bastards. Hopefully Andy Carroll is playing so he can give Chris Morgan the Steven Taylor treatment.

I hope Joey Barton absolutely Joey Bartons Chris Morgan. Possibly two of the most despicable footballers going head to head. Despite Barton's horrific incidents that should have him in prison for years and years, I'd like to see him dig a hole at the centre circle, kick Morgan into it, and fill it back in, Eastenders style.

Guest idol_wild
I hope Joey Barton absolutely Joey Bartons Chris Morgan. Possibly two of the most despicable footballers going head to head. Despite Barton's horrific incidents that should have him in prison for years and years, I'd like to see him dig a hole at the centre circle, kick Morgan into it, and fill it back in, Eastenders style.

The difference here is that Chris Morgan is actually nails, yet Barton is a little fanny.

Barton is just a wide little mink. Chris Morgan will absolutely Chris Morgan Joey Barton into oblivion. :up:

The difference here is that Chris Morgan is actually nails, yet Barton is a little fanny.

Barton is just a wide little mink. Chris Morgan will absolutely Chris Morgan Joey Barton into oblivion. :up:

I once saw Ross Tokely square up to Chris Morgan, after a particularly bad challenge from the Sheff Utd player. It was incredible :up:

cracking game at the abbey stadium this afternoon, best all season. down to 10 men at 2-2 we get an injury time pen which danny crow converted then mansfield got a pen in the 6th min of the 4 added mins and their player scuffs it wide! and Peterborough's relegation finally confirmed so a good afternoon all round!

Oh aye. Morgan is solid. There's no doubt that when his playing career is over, he'll be hosting Britain's Roughest Council Estate Street Corners on Bravo, where he dives right into the action ruthlessly, like Steve Irwin would into a pond of Alligators, laughing wildly as his body is pierced by more and more bullets. He never realises how dangerous he is with his strength though. I'm very surprised he hasn't ended a career yet. he's hospitalized many, many players though, the shite bastard.

I walked past Chris Morgan in Leeds once, as I was wearing a Wednesday polo shirt. He clocked it out of the corner of his eye, and I thought I was going to die. Someone put shit in my pants.

Newcastle are still due to be on the telly a fair bit before the end of the season. It'd be nice if they could swap them for some games that actually matter now, like the relegation battle. It's tight down there, and we've not been on the box since Christmas, yer cunts. Sky Sports this term has been like having a Barcelona and Newcastle season ticket. Oh, and Leeds United too. No one even likes Leeds. Barca is fine though, for a good bit of entertainment. Proper Harlem Globetrotters stuff.