aberdeen-music

Brit Chix

Bigsby

;)

Ermm not too sure - think it was covers of the Ting Tings and Girls Aloud they were doing...

As i said seemed like top lassies and good luck to them .....they will be back up again here soon i think incase any of you are that interested!

I'll just wait for Inkster to snap them up.

They're shite. Whether they're lovely is irrelevant. I hope they fail. I hate their music.

Guest idol_wild
Ah well they gave it a go...still nice girls and wish them all the best.

GO PAISLEY!! GO BRIT CHIX

Anything to get your end away, eh? ;)

You're a menace!

I had them in the tunnels for a dirty disco last month and thought they were ace! Sounded allright last night, alot better in the tunnels tho. they did tell me that on the auditions that nothing was micd up and that the people working there didnt have a clue what to do with a live bands sound

I never understand why anyone who is passionate about music, and wishes to pursue a "career" thinks that the best way ahead is to go on a talent show. What ever happened to forming a band, playing gigs, getting a following and then releasing an EP? Is this just crazy talk? Where does sucking Simon Cowell's fat prize fit in now?

Guest idol_wild
I never understand why anyone who is passionate about music, and wishes to pursue a "career" thinks that the best way ahead is to go on a talent show. What ever happened to forming a band, playing gigs, getting a following and then releasing an EP? Is this just crazy talk? Where does sucking Simon Cowell's fat prize fit in now?

Crazy talk.

I think the deal with most of these acts is that they want to be famous and the music or whatever "entertainment" they are peddling is incidental.

I have a bit of respect for Susan Boyle - when asked what her aspirations were she said "I want to be a professional singer" and she's clearly passionate about music. For her, given the lack of fortune she has had in the asthetic department, BGT represented her best chance and I hope she wins.

But I do agree with your original point on music passion vs talent show.

Back in the days when I was a teenage 3-chord hero (I know all four now!), any act that came through the talent shows of the time were treated with a level of contempt and only a few really made it big.

Now it seems that working your way up by plying your trade through the tough club circuit is a disadvantage!

My sentiments exactly, mind you I was expecting Tash, Natalie or Gemma.

Paisley's even worse...

Extremely not :up:

I don't think there's anything wrong with any of those names.

I had them in the tunnels for a dirty disco last month and thought they were ace! Sounded allright last night, alot better in the tunnels tho. they did tell me that on the auditions that nothing was micd up and that the people working there didnt have a clue what to do with a live bands sound

now why doesn't that suprise me????

Back in the days when I was a teenage 3-chord hero (I know all four now!), any act that came through the talent shows of the time were treated with a level of contempt and only a few really made it big.

Four eh!! Go on, name them then!:up:

I don't think 5ths count as chords do they?;)

• 1 month later...

I just feel I would like to have my say on this whole situation.. :)

First of all Justin is right we did play the Tunnels... sorry ROCKED the tunnels that night! We had grown men who usually listen to oasis and BRMC tapping their feet to a SPICE GIRLS song for god sake, name me another all girl punk/pop band that has done that in the Tunnels....And you know why? Because we just like to have fun........ and its infectious.

We dont claim to be brilliant musicians as most young bands these day do... signed or unsigned.... yes we are passionate about what we do.... but if its all about ''being famous'' we would have tried a show like this 4 years ago.... yes 4 years ago... we have been together for 6 years... slogging our guts out gigging all over the counrty only as a vocal band... and got so bored and pis*ed off having to hire session musicians to back us that we thought f**k it... lets just learn to back ourselves.....''

I can not explain the reason we entered... because I honestly dont know... ? but what I do know is... there is no point looking back thinking we wish we had not done that....

Regarding playing a cover.... well thats what happens with reality telly... you dont get to play original material..... many things happen on that show which I would just LOVE to tell you about, but as I am on a contract not to ''discuss the show'' with anyone.... I cant... but what I will say... is its a TV show....

Diesel....You have respect for susan boyle? But not us girls who write and play our own material? we have worked our way up the ''club'' circuit pheonix nights style for many years I can assure you.

I cant help but feel sad that people feel the need to slag off something they saw in total less than 1 minute of on the telly.... (lets be honest...the technicians sound checked my drum mic's by flicking the mic heads.... YES FLICKING THE MIC HEADS!!!!- Great... 14 million people and you flick my drum mic heads to see if they are on... not if they are in tune... but to see if they are on!!! I am NO technician... but I know how to sound check my drum kit and thats not the way its done)

Well folks Next time we are playing the Tunnels... come along with no pre-judgement... you never know... You may even enjoy yourself... God forbid!!!

But thanks for all your support the rest of you guys :) xx

Lots of love

Paisley xx

Britchix | Britchixrock

P.s - if you think paisley is a stupid name... take it up with my mum.

• Upvote 2

I just feel I would like to have my say on this whole situation.. :)

Paisley xx.

Well, good for you for doing what you feel you need to do, and there's a lot of bands that could learn from you in terms of working hard to get what you want. But you can't really complain about the show. You made yourselves a target, and got shot down. Truth is you just really weren't very good. By your own admission you're not exactly expert musicians, and for a 'vocal group' the singing was pretty poor. Which leaves 'entertainment value'. There didn't seem to be very much of that on show there either. Maybe you are a great live act, I don't know as I haven't seen you (yet) but if you put yourself on a TV show you have be entertaining in TV terms, which you weren't. If they require you to do a cover, you should be able to do a cover brilliantly. You do covers in your live act don't you? So it's not like you were asked to do something outside of your usual repertoire. As all the judges said, you just weren't good enough. You can't blame the sound, there was nothing wrong with it really.

You don't need to be a polished professional group of expert musicians to be successful - 'We've got a fuzzbox' are a prime example of what can be done. But you can either succeed by being a 'proper band' or as 'TV entertainment'. You can't put yourself up as entertainment, then complain that you failed because you're a proper band...

p.s. - whose boyfriend was it shouting "Sort the sound out then!" at Simon?...

• Upvote 1