aberdeen-music

Brit Chix

Bigsby

I'm sure you're all lovely people and passionate about what you do, and may believe you've "paid your dues" so to speak, but the simple fact is that by going on TV (on a talent show no less) you're inviting people to judge you. So saying "I cant help but feel sad that people feel the need to slag off something they saw in total less than 1 minute of on the telly" well that's what 14 million people did, and you brought it on yourself I'm afraid. Harsh but true. Of those 14 million people, I would imagine very few know anything about sound set-ups for bands, and none of them have heard your drum mic story, they're just going to take Cowell's opinion at face value. If he says "you were shit", then that's what the viewing public are going to think.

Kudos to you for having the balls to do it, most people prefer to judge others from the safety of their armchair, and know that they would never have the guts to put themselves out there. And we know how the public in this country love to put people on a pedestal and then kick it out from underneath them. I hope you can use this experience as a positive thing and push the band on, and I sincerely wish you good luck to you in acheiving your dream. Though in saying that, I really doubt I'll be coming to any of your gigs, as I said in a previous post, you just sound like a bad school band to me.

I'm sure you're all lovely people and passionate about what you do, and may believe you've "paid your dues" so to speak, but the simple fact is that by going on TV (on a talent show no less) you're inviting people to judge you. So saying "I cant help but feel sad that people feel the need to slag off something they saw in total less than 1 minute of on the telly" well that's what 14 million people did, and you brought it on yourself I'm afraid. Harsh but true. Of those 14 million people, I would imagine very few know anything about sound set-ups for bands, and none of them have heard your drum mic story, they're just going to take Cowell's opinion at face value. If he says "you were shit", then that's what the viewing public are going to think.

In other words, if you don't want the spunk then don't suck the cock.

:up:

• Upvote 1

In other words, if you don't want the spunk then don't suck the cock.

Eloquent as ever :laughing:

Truth is you just really weren't very good. By your own admission you're not exactly expert musicians, and for a 'vocal group' the singing was pretty poor. Which leaves 'entertainment value'. .

Don't forget ogle factor.

brit_chix_2_r3qu.jpg

Tho the one in the front has dead eyes. It's like she doesn't have a soul.

:laughing:

Touche, shitebag.

Seriously, they are completely indistinguishable from any number of Tango'd bints you see tottering about the place. No individuality at all.

:down:

Bit harsh mate.

Met them all are they were all top lassies. I have known Paisley for years and she as she said has worked hard for it and is one of the nicest gals you could meet. Fair enough if you don't like their music but its a bit extreme calling them "bints".

Bit harsh mate.

Met them all are they were all top lassies. I have known Paisley for years and she as she said has worked hard for it and is one of the nicest gals you could meet. Fair enough if you don't like their music but its a bit extreme calling them "bints".

That's fair enough, but they actively chose to try to break into a vacuous, image-obsessed world where they know full well it's all about appearance and they'll be judged primarily on that. So if calling them "bints" is harsh, they ain't seen nothing yet...

Just check some of the other comments after mine for starters...

That's fair enough, but they actively chose to try to break into a vacuous, image-obsessed world where they know full well it's all about appearance and they'll be judged primarily on that. So if calling them "bints" is harsh, they ain't seen nothing yet...

Yet you'd no doubt be the first to defend them from the general public calling them 'freaks' if they showed up covered in tattoos or whatever 'alternatives' do nowadays, right?

I feel you've perhaps opted for an easy response.

All I'm saying is you call them bints and slag them off for looking like every other 'bint' walking round Aberdeen with fake tan and tiny skirts and whatever but what's wrong with that if that's what they want to do?

There's nothing individual about trying to BE individual for individuality's sake.

Just check some of the other comments after mine for starters...

Doesnt matter if they "aint seen nothing yet", i'm sticking up for Paisley as a friend and i know she is a really nice girl who loves her music and really has worked her ass off since i have known her to get a career in music.

Their apperance is pretty cool i think and if you have sex appeal use it i say, if they choose to dress like this then let them, just as goths do, emo kids...whatever.

I wish them all the best and despite the BGT not working out as well as it could have i still think they can do well.

Also well done to Paisley from coming on here to fight her corner.

I try not to bite on here anymore but sometimes its hard not too. Give the girl a break.

Well I totally respect eveyone is more than entitled to an opinion... and who am I to try and change that? I was warned that posting my opinion on this forum would only lead to trouble.... but you know what? After what the girls and I have been through, my skin has grown pretty thick, pretty fast recently so what the hell! :)

But calling us ''Bints'' (which I am not entirley sure what this means as its not in the english or indeed Scottish dictionary!) and page 3 girls..? like we have not heard that one before... come on.. can't you think of anything better to throw at us than the obvious insults? :) I can auure you this body is highly unsuitable for page 3!!!!

As thumper says.... ''If you cant say anything nice... dont say anything at all'' I live by this... maybe you should try it.

All this talk of how we look.... its not important what we look like really is it? come on.

But well done for finding a 5 year old picture and using that as an example... Even I have to admit that pic makes me cringe......... loooooooooooong time ago... I am sure we all have pictures like that people!! :)

I would not change our BGT experience for anything... we had a hell of a good time, met some good contacts and are now getting some really well paid gigs... and if we were not on the show you would not know who we are, and would not be ripping us to shreads on here now would you!?

You are more than willing to tell us we can not sing... yet not willing to either listen to our album nor come and see if we actually can.... nice that.

I spend nearly all my free time when I come home in the Tunnels watching Unsigned bands and giving my support... cause thats what its all about at the end of the day.. So if you ever see me there come say Hello :)

I really hope all of you who have dreams can make then happen... I wish you all the luck in the world :)

Loads of love

Paisley

x

5164_98812345909_10710785909_246855.jpg

^^^ P.S I told you it was only a TV show :) xxxxxxxx

• Upvote 2

I feel you've perhaps opted for an easy response.

All I'm saying is you call them bints and slag them off for looking like every other 'bint' walking round Aberdeen with fake tan and tiny skirts and whatever but what's wrong with that if that's what they want to do?

There's nothing individual about trying to BE individual for individuality's sake.

Because you opted for a lazy analogy. If you check back to the original post, you'll see that I said that they were indistinguishable from any other orange-skinned bint walking around. That does not equate with actually saying so-and-so is a bint. Again, they'll be called a lot worse in some quarters...

If that's what they want to do, fair enough. It's also fair enough if they get criticised for it, horses for courses. Putting yourself in the public eye means getting criticism from time to time. If that's too hard to handle, don't stick your head above the parapet. Best way to deal with it? Shrug it off and ignore it, it doesn't matter.

Nobody's disagreeing about the point about trying too hard to be individual, though. I wouldn't know any of them if I found them in my soup, nothing makes them stand out from any other "girl group" or whatever the current term is. Then again, the whole talent-show thing seems contrived, plastic and sterile but for those who enjoy it, fill yer boots...