aberdeen-music

Going to Barcelona...

Afro Droid

I just found my photos from when I was there when I was 11 :D it's such a gorgeous city that to be honest just wandering around will probably be enough. Seeing as I was only a nipper when I was there I can comment on the night life but I'm sure you can find some sites to help you. The Gaudi park is well worth a look.

There is a beach in barcelona but you can get a cheap train up the coast to smaller towns which have gorgeous quiet beaches and ace wee streets to explore.

Parc de Guell (Gaudi's park) as previously mentioned is awesome.

His other stuff round the city, Casa Batillio and Sagrada Familia are two must sees also.

The beach near the yacht docks is a brilliant place to chill out in the evening with a couple of Estrella's from the wee shop just round the corner too.

have fun, i wish i was with you...

check out the roman excavations beneath the city. if you like The History, you'll love it.

also, head for norman fosters telecommunications tower on the hill behind the city. views are freaking amazing.

(and if you're feeling 'stressed out' and in need of a chill, the beer touts at the south end of the ramblas will sort you out...)

I've been the last few years and going again in June for Sonar. Last year we didn't really visit anything with going to the festival...takes far too much out ya!

Recommend jumping on the red line bus, which you can hop on and off and then changing when t hits the blue line..that will take you round most of the city and you can decide onthe way what you want to see. Don't do it on a monday tho, museums etc are closed.

Also if you go north to the beaches like Marbella etc rather than Barcelonetta they are quieter and much better beaches (the pub huts - cheringuittos (SP?) are quite expensive to eat and drink so take your own). You can walk to these beaches from barcelonetta or take a metro...(watch out for one which is a gay nudist beach tho....unless thats what you fancy)

:) enjoy

As mentioned the Sagrada Familia is well worth it, especially getting the lift up into the towers and getting the views across Barcelona. There are lots of really cool lanes off of Las Ramblas as well that you can just go and explore. Port Olympic is good for a night out (although bloody expensive) and if when I was there we were rather sad and started most evenings out at a Scottish themed bar called The Clansman - managed by a Glaswegian who looks like Buster Bloodvessel.

And the pickpockets are twats! We were targeted but saw it coming. Generally what they'll do is one bloke will act really friendly but will be distracting you while his mate will look to see if he can swipe something out your back pocket.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
The Nou Camp. I was in Barcelona years ago and it still sticks in my mind!!

I was in Barcelona when I was 14, and Nou Camp is the only thing I really remember about it. It is fucking massive. The trophy room is also very impressive.

Was there in February this year and loved it, got nowhere near the amount of stuff done I wanted tho. The uber touristy City Sightseeing bus is actually well worth doing tho, we left it till our last day there and found heaps of stuff we wished we'd done earlier. We never got to do the cable cars either due to high winds but it looked amazing. Segrada Familia is awesome tho, as is Nou Camp. Get a Lonely Planet guide tho - well worth having on you for finding places and decent restaurants.