aberdeen-music

volunteering at the Foyer

the duke

I've only had experience with the musical branch of Foyer, and they are all happy memories. They do a lot for young, developing bands in the city and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be playing/writing/recording music if it wasn't for everything I've learnt at the Foyer over the years. As I say, I have nothing but good things to say about Foyermusic and everyone associated with it.

So what bad experience did you have? Or are you not going to tell us?

That's keeping it civil, is it?

And Phil, if there's a personal issue here I'm not seeing, take it to PMs, or better still drop it.

Nah, there's not. I know who the person posting is and he's purely on here again (despite asking to have his account deleted on a couple of occassions) to get a rise out of people because he thinks we're all inbreds or something. Just wanted to make sure it was him ;)

I know him well enough in person and he wouldn't say boo to a quadraplegic. :)

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Yup. All a bit ridiculous.

We recorded our first demo at Foyer, and it was a good cheap way of getting some music recorded. The quality of recording and equipment etc at Captain Tom's (the only other place we've recorded) is much better, but it's about 5 times the price, so you'd expect that!!

From what I can see, and what I've heard, The Foyer (the musical side of it anyway) does a lot of good for young musicians, like Ewan said above.

Who is 'the duke'?

Seemingly the latest twat troll who thinks using a forum to just swear and throw insults around is big and clever.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.:sleeping:

Or John Wayne.

Or if he's thin and white, David Bowie.

Or if he marched 10,000 men to the top of the hill and back down again, the Grand Old Duke of York.

Or if he played jazz trumpet, Duke Ellington.

Or if he's the lead guitarist in Fozzy, Rich "The Duke" Ward.

Or if-a you, you are his girl and no one can hurt you, oh no, The Duke of Earl.

Seemingly the latest twat troll who thinks using a forum to just swear and throw insults around is big and clever.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.:sleeping:

Or John Wayne.

Or if he's thin and white, David Bowie.

Or if he marched 10,000 men to the top of the hill and back down again, the Grand Old Duke of York.

Or if he played jazz trumpet, Duke Ellington.

Or if he's the lead guitarist in Fozzy, Rich "The Duke" Ward.

Or if-a you, you are his girl and no one can hurt you, oh no, The Duke of Earl.

Could be a member of Steve Earle's backing band.

Dude don't know me at all!......Aberdeen music forum pah,bunch of hillbillies who spout on about the 'scene'......please!

40+ year old music teacher with nothing better to do...

It's pretty clear this thread is going nowhere except "the bad place" so it's closed - Chris