aberdeen-music

The Horrors

Graeme

Guest Tam o' Shantie

nah, you were dead on the first time. just because they have ditched the 'spooky' image and started ripping off joy division, it doesn't make them good, it just makes them yet another shallow bunch of toffs with enough money and connections to retain their 'exposure' while they dick about for a few more years and eventually stop playing at being rock stars and start work in daddy's law firm

Guest Giles Walker

I liked "Sheena is a parasite" and i think this track sounds a bit more Kraut Rock than Joy Division.

In fact Tom i think that was a lazy comparison to make, you must be salty because working at your dad's law firm isn't as easy as you had hoped.

Guest Giles Walker
I wonder, is it ok for working class people to rip off krautrock?

Working class people don't have enough money or time to find out about krautrock.

Too busy spending all their money on lottery tickets and newspapers with Jade on the cover...

Has anyone read the Julian Cope Krautrock book?

It's a must read for anyone with even a passing interest in the genre, especially in these modern times when you can download each album as you read about it.

I only read it so i could use the information to argue on message boards.

• Upvote 1

i would just like to add here that i got in a fight with their singer. he headbutted me when i saw them in edinburgh because i was looking distinctly unimpressed by them and when he jumped into the crowd and knocked into me i shoved him away. which was when he headbutted me and then ran away. i confronted him about it outside and he tried to denigh it, if your going to do stuff like that. at least be like 'YEAH I DID SO WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT'. what happened to rock and roll?